V3.5 Cleaning code..... - Page 1 -...

User 2765857 Photo

614 posts

Hello all,
Just wondering if this is normal...using SD V 3.5-2939 ( did not update to newest one yet)
Second time I am getting the " Cleaning code and history stack" lower left corner and keeps running have to shut down and then restart CC and it is fine Or if I wait it will stop after about 15 minutes. Any one else gets this??? Did get it on 1.5 for some time and was annoying.

Ray
Ray aka Kreations
Since 1994 Chocolate bar wrappers for all occasions.
Since 1972 helping clients help "Discover Their Dream Vacation"
User 2903050 Photo

260 posts

I had it on one of my projects. The program would just constantly crash with nothing clickable. In the end I had to scrap and repeat all the work. Unfortunately I couldn't get a reason with coffeecups support.
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,474 posts

Never seen that...
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 2765857 Photo

614 posts

Phil Dias wrote:
I had it on one of my projects. The program would just constantly crash with nothing clickable. In the end I had to scrap and repeat all the work. Unfortunately I couldn't get a reason with coffeecups support.

Hello Phil,
Glad I keep backing up very annoying the other day I also had to restart CC but did not lose much as I got in the habit of updating OFTEN learned the hard way. It is normal again so will continue with fingers crossed.

Wad your problem with 3.0 or 3.5?

Ray
Ray aka Kreations
User 2765857 Photo

614 posts

Inger wrote:
Never seen that...

I use to get that also on 1.5 once in awhile Scott at the time at CC did not know why either.
Ray aka Kreations
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,474 posts

Report it again. Maybe someone has found out what it is in the meantime. ;)
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:

User 2699991 Photo

4,874 posts
Online Now

It's a cc thing according to Bob that they run to help the app run more efficiently personally I think it's a load of bull u know what. On large projects it also happens EVERY TIME I open a new page. Annoying you bet. It's still listed as an unresolved issue in my support room. It's good that there is something like that but too intrusive and too often I think better on shut down of project. Perhaps if more people ask the question what is it and why is it we might bet to a better reply or even a better way of running it without the disruption
Mastering The Understanding With Hands-On Learning
NEW TO "COFFEECUP SITE DESIGNER" FOUNDATION 6 FRAMEWORK?
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

LEARNING & UNDERSTANDING "THE HOW TO"? THE WHY'S & THE WHEREFORE'S?
WITH WAYAN'S STEP BY STEP TUTORIALS
Contact Me For One To One Assistance
https://alphathemes.coffeecup.com/forms … uman-lina/
User 2765857 Photo

614 posts

Wayan Jaya wrote:
It's a cc thing according to Bob that they run to help the app run more efficiently personally I think it's a load of bull u know what. On large projects it also happens EVERY TIME I open a new page. Annoying you bet. It's still listed as an unresolved issue in my support room. It's good that there is something like that but too intrusive and too often I think better on shut down of project. Perhaps if more people ask the question what is it and why is it we might bet to a better reply or even a better way of running it without the disruption

Thanks Wayan I appreciate your explanation of this but can get annoying. Maybe now that I have about 34 pages redone and CC considers that a large project and It will happen more often hope not.

Before I forget you ever get my last Pmail?
Ray
Ray aka Kreations
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,474 posts

I don't know how you do when there is a new update, do you let it overwrite the old version, or do you uninstall first? In the old days, and I mean the really old days, even a while before all the responsive apps, we always had to uninstall manually before installing an update. Scott had a routine that he used to post about how to clear out every nook and cranny. It was mainly about the HTML Editor, but also sometimes DFTP and the Form builder (flash version at that time). Apparently this is not necessary any more, but who knows if we port whatever faulty code from version to version just by letting an old version be overwritten?
I think we should ask for instructions on how to uninstall in a way that we get rid of everything, in order to be better capable of circling in a bug, when it started, what it does/or does not, if it is new in the version we are dealing with etc etc.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:

User 2765857 Photo

614 posts

Inger wrote:
I don't know how you do when there is a new update, do you let it overwrite the old version, or do you uninstall first?

For me when a new update comes out I let it update and I would think it overrides the original. I would think it should be okay and not have to go through the hassle of manually deleting and installing. I also agree with you about CC letting us know with instructions the correct way.
Ray
Ray aka Kreations

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.