Using Site Designer to build a form -...

User 3156750 Photo

75 posts

hi everyone! I wanted to know how I could build a form within site designer to export to email. Are there any tools that you all would recommend? Urls or videos even? I would like to use form builder but need more time to work within the framework. I also plan to use form builder later but need something to work today. Thanks!
User 3156750 Photo

75 posts

also, is it normal for javascript to show up in the html for the export from form builder? i appreciate any help thank you.
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,461 posts
Online Now

You could check out the forms I have in my component collection, see URL in my signature. Choose the framework that you are working with. There is also a PHP back-end document and a 'cheat sheet' bundled with them.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 3156750 Photo

75 posts

Inger wrote:
You could check out the forms I have in my component collection, see URL in my signature. Choose the framework that you are working with. There is also a PHP back-end document and a 'cheat sheet' bundled with them.

oh cool, thanks! i'm gonna check it out now.
User 3156750 Photo

75 posts

Inger wrote:

does this php backend sheet work with PHP 8.1 and above? thanks in advance !
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,461 posts
Online Now

I haven't had any problems with PHP versions. But I'd say 'best practice' is to have the site owner's email address created in the same domain as where the form is located. I have seen that sometimes hotmail or gmail and such addresses don't work too well.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.