Text Size Tool Bug - Post ID 247938

User 333213 Photo

115 posts

When in "Design Panel" and editing text, I go to size the text by pressing the down arrow or the up arrow next to the sizing tool under the Typography section. It makes the text larger if you press either arrow. I can not get text to size smaller. But, "double clicking" the actual number & physically typing in the font size will size down.

http://pchelpnews.com/screenshots/textsize_bug.jpg
10% of fishermen catch 90% of the fish.... then they release them for another day.
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

I just tried to replicate what you are describing, but it works for me here. Are you using large fonts or custom DPI settings in Windows?
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 333213 Photo

115 posts

I am using the font size 46 as shown in image & trying to lower it to 22. I have been playing with it since, and randomly I was able to get it to downsize with the down arrow & then on other occasions it up-sizes with the down arrow.
I am playing around with the "coast.rsd theme" & I am on the second column down in the heading 6 section just changing out type that is already there.
10% of fishermen catch 90% of the fish.... then they release them for another day.
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Andrew Holveck wrote:
I am using the font size 46 as shown in image & trying to lower it to 22. I have been playing with it since, and randomly I was able to get it to downsize with the down arrow & then on other occasions it up-sizes with the down arrow.
I am playing around with the "coast.rsd theme" & I am on the second column down in the heading 6 section just changing out type that is already there.

I was not referring to RSD. I am talking about your font and DPI settings for Windows itself.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 333213 Photo

115 posts

It is Windows 8.1 (64 bit). All font settings are set to default. Where do I find DPI settings? By the way, Not a big fan of Windows 8.1.
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Andrew Holveck wrote:
It is Windows 8.1 (64 bit). All font settings are set to default. Where do I find DPI settings? By the way, Not a big fan of Windows 8.1.

Try this:
http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/ … i-monitors
User 333213 Photo

115 posts

Thanks Scott, The settings are exactly as shown in the link. Here is a screenshot of my settings:

http://www.pchelpnews.com/screenshots/display_resolution.jpg

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.