svg file in GRID as background image...

User 2744602 Photo

162 posts

Hi Guys is there a bug with placing a svg file (only 425kb) as a background image and using the controls to cover the grid?

Had a HUGE slowdown, I have been working in RSD all week with no issues until I popped the svg into the grid.
KISS is the key!
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Brett Burgess wrote:
Hi Guys is there a bug with placing a svg file (only 425kb) as a background image and using the controls to cover the grid?

Had a HUGE slowdown, I have been working in RSD all week with no issues until I popped the svg into the grid.

That is a huge image. Trim that down to under 100k and see if that helps.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2744602 Photo

162 posts

Hi Scott :)

I was doing a quick test and have not played with the image, its less than half a meg, not really that big IMO a lot of sites I go to now are using 1mb Images on backgrounds, take this one for example http://manowarcorsair.com/, the backgrounds here are 500+kbs to 1.07 mb each :D
but the svg caused a major issue within RSD.

I will try it with a different format .png or .jpg of around the same size when I get a chance.
KISS is the key!

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.