Source of Foundation CSS files - Post...

User 1738266 Photo

52 posts

I am looking at migrating my Foundation 6 site from the editor to SD. I have a lot of custom CSS for navigation and image galleries. I currently can use SASS on the Foundation SCSS to build a custom Foundation CSS file.

My question is: where does SD get the Foundation CSS files? Are they downloaded at installation of SD, at the creation of the project, when the project is exported, or when? This will help me decide how to use the cascade to override the vanilla Foundation CSS.

Thanks.
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,447 posts
Online Now

SD comes with a couple of Frameworks built in, one of them being Foundation, now at version 6.6.3. But you won't be able to actually see those Foundation files unless you export your project, before that they are just 'in there' somewhere. On opening a project, the necessary files are made ready, and the program also creates a 'main.css' to hold the style changes you might make within your project.
We, the average users, have been told never to mess with the actual foundation files, we wouldn't know what we could do without breaking anything. If you are an experienced Foundation user who is used to dealing with the original files, you could e.g. export your project before having added as much as a comma, and then compare with your own files. BUTTT, be aware, that if you change anything in the exported files at that stage, it will be overwritten by the next save and export. We sometimes make changes, but only AFTER the project is done and exported for the last time.
If you have files (css, js etc) that you want to have included in your project, you can create folders, like e.g. css, or js within your project (click on Resources in the toolbar and create folders/add your files), and then click on Pages in the toolbar ->Manage Project, scroll down to the Head or Footer section and click on the blue button saying 'Add a local CSS or Javascript' and just follow the instructions.

I hope this will help.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 1738266 Photo

52 posts

Thanks Inger.
I noticed that my CSS file was at the bottom and was applied in the SD preview.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.