Site Designer v5 and Organik Template...

User 2891089 Photo

3 posts

Hi,

When I make a copy of an existing Page in Pages or Manage Project how separate is the copy from the original?

When I modify the Grid on one of those pages, the other grid is affected as well. Why? Code in CSS doesn't see the difference so it affects both pages?

(To duplicate: New from template Organik, go to Pages, select Shop page, duplicate and change to new Shop_1 page. Edit primary container Grid change or rest grid. Change to original Shop page and that grid is also affected.)

If this is the way things work, what is the suggested workaround? Create new grids on each page and thereby each is distinct in the css? I'm used to being able to create a page as a master and then modify for each of my products but I don't want the grids necessarily the same.

Thank you,

Gregory
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,454 posts

If you give a grid and the grid cells different class names, then you can tweak them the way you want without affecting other pages.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 2891089 Photo

3 posts

Thank you Inger! :D

So I tried the rename and only changed the container with the grid from "container-25" to "container-grid1". That seems to keep the original grids safe.

Do you know if the grid cells should now be safe, hidden under the new parent container or will I have to keep coming up with new cell names as well for every new grid? Currently they seem ok but I've only spent a few minutes with it.

Thanks,

Gregory

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.