RSD Documentation - Give Us Your...

User 333213 Photo

115 posts

I know it would be a lot to ask, but a video format with lesson chapters, so you can go to a certain chapter to view the process without having to scan through all video. Similar to the way Lynda.com has all of their documentation & learning videos setup. Udemy is also another good example of setting up documentation & a clean learning process.
10% of fishermen catch 90% of the fish.... then they release them for another day.
User 2088758 Photo

Senior Advisor
3,098 posts

Andrew Holveck wrote:
I know it would be a lot to ask, but a video format with lesson chapters, so you can go to a certain chapter to view the process without having to scan through all video. Similar to the way Lynda.com has all of their documentation & learning videos setup. Udemy is also another good example of setting up documentation & a clean learning process.

That would be very expensive to produce... If they ever did something like that it probably would not come cheap to us.
Taking over the world one website at a time!

Steve Kolish
www.misterwebguy.com

YouTube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL8qVv … ttneYaMSJA
User 333213 Photo

115 posts

If it was as detailed as the Lynda classes, I would be willing to pay for it. Don't know why they do not have coffeecup classes on Lynda, Udemy, Total Training or any other video learning site.
10% of fishermen catch 90% of the fish.... then they release them for another day.
User 333213 Photo

115 posts

@Steve, I also wanted to say that your video tutorials are very good & informative. thank you for sharing.
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Come on guys, pay for documentation for a program? If it were a book or tutorials by someone else about someone else's software ya that would be different. This is about documenting the program they wrote, I can for sure say I would not pay for instructions to use someone's product.
User 333213 Photo

115 posts

Jo Ann wrote:
Come on guys, pay for documentation for a program? If it were a book or tutorials by someone else about someone else's software ya that would be different. This is about documenting the program they wrote, I can for sure say I would not pay for instructions to use someone's product.

I know... sounds weird, but I am not talking about instructions, but more of a webinar or video with a step by step walk through
User 2088758 Photo

Senior Advisor
3,098 posts

Jo Ann wrote:

Hi JoAnne ,

I was just being hypothetical... i have no idea what their plans are. Im just saying if I was producing full length video tutorials for every inch of a software program I would not provide it for free. I wasn't talking about written (online)material.

Cheers.
Taking over the world one website at a time!

Steve Kolish
www.misterwebguy.com

YouTube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL8qVv … ttneYaMSJA
User 2744602 Photo

162 posts

Hey again guys :)
I am not sure what people do here, myself I have full time employment, I am also in an online full time equivalent course for Information Technology for the next 2 years (about 6 months in at the moment). And between all that I am starting to learn how to Produce PC Games. Oh and lets not forget my wife, son's and granddaughter :)

I do not have time to discover this software, I need a Manual that tells me what each section/part/command does, and has an image if required. And at the end a walkthrough of how the Beach was designed and set out.
I have been waiting for something since we received the email to buy RSD, can I please have a manual to go with the purchase?
Cheers
KISS is the key!
User 458539 Photo

1,587 posts

If it would save me time and pain I would happily pay for it

Any word when the manual will come out?

Thanks
Byron
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,473 posts
Online Now

I don't pay for manuals unless it is specificly stated right from the start that you have to buy it. A user manual is supposed to come with a product when it is sold, no extra payment involved.

In this specific case RSD was released to some few people who had bought RLM prior to that, and as long as RSD is not officially released to 'the masses', CC is looking for our input in order to incorporate some of it, if relevant, into the manual. There might also be the odd bug that users may come across, which then can be sorted before the final release. I'm sure they will have everything done and dusted when the programme is finally released.

I'm also a 'manual person' who would have liked to have the manual from day one, but I soon realized that it was quite clever to let us struggle a bit initially, even though I already had made myself acquainted with RLM. I've learnt a lot from that.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.