Reverting to original template page -...

User 3067502 Photo

5 posts

Just getting started with Site Designer. Using Wave Weapons template. In my rush to get started I failed to duplicate one page of the template before I customizing it to my content. I messed it up and need to go back to the original page, before I started changing it. How can I get the original page back?
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,447 posts

Are you sure you were working on the actual template? Normally, when you open a template to edit it, it lets you choose to have it saved as a project, or as a template. In the latter case, under a different name. So, first check the template you downloaded, to see whether the actual template has been changed.

If it has been changed, and you don't want it anymore, delete it, and download it again.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 3067502 Photo

5 posts

I am working on the project created using a template. I would like to retrieve one page from the original template file. Is their a way to do that? It seems to me downloading the entire template again would mean doing all of the modification work on every page over again.
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,447 posts

OK, I misunderstood you the first time around.

If you haven't closed the project since you discovered the mistake, you could make a duplication of the page you should have duplicated earlier, and then on the page you duplicated from keep clicking Ctrl+Z until you have got it as it was before you started modifying it.

If you have closed it, however, open the template in a new instance of SD, find the page in question. It probably has a lot of divs sitting just inside the body, so create one new div (use a class name like 'page' or something, so that you recognise it) and push all the other divs inside it. Then make the 'page' a component. Now go back to your project, add a blank page and add that component you just made. You may want to take off that outer div again, but remember to move everything out of it before you delete it. Depending on the content of your page, it is not certain that you actually need to delete that 'page' div, though.

Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 3067502 Photo

5 posts

I'll give that a shot. Saved changes weeks ago now trying to resolve past mistakes.

Thanks for the help.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.