Question Updating CSS in RSD - Post...

User 2765857 Photo

614 posts

Hello,

Can someone help me in regard to this question:

Example: After I make say about 7 pages in RSD, I then save and then export to my project folder, then open in CC HTML Editor to add meta-tags etc. I then will take each HTML page upload to my server along with the CCS Folder, JS Folder and Font Folder. Now let say I now go back reopen in RSD to add another 7 pages, I do the same thing again BUT this time do I also upload the CCS and JS folder and when it says something like " Copy and Replace ALL FILES" in the CCS Folder do I do that or something else?

I also had some other question in the forum the past few days that I hope someone can address....Thanks

Ray ( Novice in training)
Ray aka Kreations
Since 1994 Chocolate bar wrappers for all occasions.
Since 1972 helping clients help "Discover Their Dream Vacation"
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Why are you adding META tags outside of RSD Ray? That can be done right within RSD under the Settings. Just paste in your markup into the HEAD area.

Really with RSD, you don't have to do ANYTHING outside of the program. You can use the HTML Editor to generate the META data and then paste that into RSD.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2765857 Photo

614 posts

Scott Swedorski wrote:
Why are you adding META tags outside of RSD Ray? That can be done right within RSD under the Settings. Just paste in your markup into the HEAD area.

Really with RSD, you don't have to do ANYTHING outside of the program. You can use the HTML Editor to generate the META data and then paste that into RSD.

Thanks for the reply Scott, I wanted to add in RSD program like I did the Title and KeyWords so if I wanted to add add like that?
<meta name="Googlebot" content="all, index, follow">
<meta name="ROBOTS" content="all, index, follow">

Any reply you can give about about the CCS Folder question in above message?

NOTE:Scott I now have my Break Points down to 5 that is what is taking me so long.

Ray
Ray aka Kreations
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

That markup is just fine. As to uploading, you just upload everything. Don't be selective about it. If you do, you will find that things on your server will not match what you have locally. That was one of your original issues in your other forum post. Export and upload it all.

Good job getting it down to 5!! :)
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2765857 Photo

614 posts

Scott Swedorski wrote:
That markup is just fine. As to uploading, you just upload everything. Don't be selective about it. If you do, you will find that things on your server will not match what you have locally. That was one of your original issues in your other forum post. Export and upload it all.

Good job getting it down to 5!! :)

Thanks Scott that is what I will be doing tomorrow. Also I will EXPORT and UPLOAD all as you said.

I have my Directory page with 18 different folders going from 3 cols to 2 cols and then finally 1 col, the 1 col is where I running into a issue as far as getting it centered, if I cannot get it right sometime tomorrow I may have to ask for assistance.

Ray
Ray aka Kreations

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.