Question about moving containers . ....

User 188640 Photo

895 posts

I have a website that I'm adding an off canvas menu to and can't get the existing containers to move into the off canvas content container.

I test with a copy of the file and didn't have any issues so I opened the latest file and now can't get the containers to move into the content container.

This is the latest version of SD and using FF.

I did have something weird happen yesterday when I was in SD. I got a pop up saying there was a newer version available. I never upgrade that way so I went and checked but no update was there.
A Rose is Just a Weed in a Corn Patch!
User 188640 Photo

895 posts

After a little deeper digging I think I found out what happened.

I made components out of both containers. Then in the project file I made 'symbols' out of each component. I guess that will work for a menu but not for a content container.

I do not understand why it wouldn't let me move the content on the first page into the content container. That 'should' have made the content the same on every page that had that symbol. Shouldn't it?
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,450 posts

Ernie, I'm not quite sure I understand what you are doing. The off-canvas menu, is that the one that came with a tutorial in the latest newsletter? And which containers are you trying to move - to where? Maybe If I could SEE what is going on... ;)
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 188640 Photo

895 posts

Inger,

It's the one in the latest tutorial. I built it from scratch (so I would know how), made a plain black and white version and saved is as a component. Where I messed up was creating a symbol out of each container. The menu container is fine as a symbol but not the content container. That was my mistake.

I was trying to move all the page content containers into the off-canvas-content container. SD wouldn't let me do that until I just used the content component instead of the symbol.

It's all good now and have the menu completed on the existing site. Thanks.
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,450 posts

OK, yes, I understand now. Good that you got it sorted.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.