Question about Grid, Font and...

User 126812 Photo

12 posts

I spent a good portion of yesterday working on a page. I arranged my columns and rows, got my images (Picture Links), fonts and text arranged. Then I started experiencing some slow reactions to what I was doing. My undo and save were grayed out which was no fun since I'm learning as I go. So I did a Save As and closed the program. When I reopened it, my images had reverted to placeholders, no longer in the grid locations I put them and bereft of all the formatting I did. My titles and paragraphs were still there; they just reverted back to your default font and capitalization and they were no longer where I had them. The test color formatting was gone, too.
I've seen other weird things, also. Earlier, I had changed the background color. (I'll state here that I used one of your templates as a starter! Even more, I started first with RLM and opened that project in RSD.) When I stretched the background to see how my page items moved, the color reverted back your default... simply by moving the slider??? I've also seen images that are identical in size and identical in the element details are vastly different on my screen. I went back and forth between the two different images and the row and column they were in and everything was the same.
I have already built the website that I am now doing from scratch for my wife in the webhost's WYSIWYG site designer, but they tend to be so generic, (or old looking), and you sold me on the need for mobile web design. If I was building this in something like Dreamweaver, I could pull down all my source code and build from there. Is there any way to do something like that with this software?
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Hey Bryan

Well that is no good!! :)

You are probably applying styles to the wrong breakpoint and all the other issues I bet are related to that. Please open a support ticket and send us your project file and we will show you how to fix it.

You can open a support ticket here at https://www.coffeecup.com/help/myroom/

Note: If your project file is over 10mb, upload it to your server and we can download it from there.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.