Question about 301 redirect - Post ID...

User 2765857 Photo

614 posts

Hello all,

This Novice is in the progress of redoing our site in .RSD ( Great program) and i want to make the site leaner, after all these years it is time to make some of the pages over and I see that I can actually take info from one page and add it to another page that is similar. This way I may be able to get rid of 4 or 5 or more pages. I have researched about doing a re-direct or 301 and am some what confused ( what else is new :rolleyes: ) Do I take all the images etc off the page that I want to redirect? Do I actually do away with the meta tags on that page also? Is making a ,.htacess file easy for a Novice like me?

Anyone have any easy way for me to do this, I really would appreciate it... One search showed just to add a meta tag on the page to be redirected? Thanks

Ray ( confused Novice...again)
Ray aka Kreations
Since 1994 Chocolate bar wrappers for all occasions.
Since 1972 helping clients help "Discover Their Dream Vacation"
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

If the images are no longer needed, delete them to save space. You can then use Website Access Manager and setup your 301 directs.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2765857 Photo

614 posts

Scott Swedorski wrote:
If the images are no longer needed, delete them to save space. You can then use Website Access Manager and setup your 301 directs.

Thanks Scott,

Oh No :( another program I have to learn if I purchase it :rolleyes: I think at time I wlli put it on the list to do later and get back to my main concern and do some more page updating.

Ray
Ray aka Kreations
Since 1994 Chocolate bar wrappers for all occasions.
Since 1972 helping clients help "Discover Their Dream Vacation"

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.