OUCH template hamburger menu not...

User 15505 Photo


Registered User
8 posts

In the most recent freebie, the OUCH portfolio template the hamburger menu isn't working. I've tried it on mobile and a limited width chrome desktop browser. The hamburger shows up but no functionality.
https://themes.coffeecup.com/ouch.html
https://themes.coffeecup.com/responsive-site-designer/ouch/index.html#!

From the demo pictures it looks like a black screen with white text should appear. https://themes.coffeecup.com/images/ouch/ouch-template-mobile.jpg

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

User 2699991 Photo


Registered User
3,656 posts

richard purcell wrote:
In the most recent freebie, the OUCH portfolio template the hamburger menu isn't working. I've tried it on mobile and a limited width chrome desktop browser. The hamburger shows up but no functionality.
https://themes.coffeecup.com/ouch.html
https://themes.coffeecup.com/responsive-site-designer/ouch/index.html#!

From the demo pictures it looks like a black screen with white text should appear. https://themes.coffeecup.com/images/ouch/ouch-template-mobile.jpg

Any suggestions on how to fix this?



Which framework is it?

The Help You Need: When You Need It The Most
Website Design & Development
Website Renovations
Wayans' Theme Park
Watch Listen & Learn Video Tutorials
User 2699991 Photo


Registered User
3,656 posts

Wayan Jaya wrote:
richard purcell wrote:
In the most recent freebie, the OUCH portfolio template the hamburger menu isn't working. I've tried it on mobile and a limited width chrome desktop browser. The hamburger shows up but no functionality.
https://themes.coffeecup.com/ouch.html
https://themes.coffeecup.com/responsive-site-designer/ouch/index.html#!

From the demo pictures it looks like a black screen with white text should appear. https://themes.coffeecup.com/images/ouch/ouch-template-mobile.jpg

Any suggestions on how to fix this?



Which framework is it?


I found it
I downloaded it and it works fine straight out of the box

there is a silent movie on the way to youtube (4;00 am here family still asleep that's why it's silent

here is the code that is for the hidden HTML element

compare it with your HTML code if it's the same then we need do something else, if it's different cop & paste it into the code for your HTML element
<script>
document.addEventListener("DOMContentLoaded", function(event) {
$('.mobile-nav-button.neutral-center-button').click(function(e){
$('.navigation-links.neutral-center-menu').toggleClass('show-menu');
$('body').css('overflow', $('.navigation-links.neutral-center-menu').hasClass('show-menu') ? 'hidden' : 'auto');
});
});
</script>

The Help You Need: When You Need It The Most
Website Design & Development
Website Renovations
Wayans' Theme Park
Watch Listen & Learn Video Tutorials
User 2699991 Photo


Registered User
3,656 posts

here is the link to find the HTML element
https://youtu.be/m8Nrj9bT-6w

If that's the same then slide over to the last breakpoint then to inspector panel look for the tick box
"hide items at this breakpoint. select it until the tick disappears,
you should now see the menu with the black background,

here is another silent movie demo for that

https://youtu.be/OwT8BOXCMlI

The Help You Need: When You Need It The Most
Website Design & Development
Website Renovations
Wayans' Theme Park
Watch Listen & Learn Video Tutorials
User 2699991 Photo


Registered User
3,656 posts

Wayan Jaya wrote:
here is the link to find the HTML element
https://youtu.be/m8Nrj9bT-6w

If that's the same then slide over to the last breakpoint then to inspector panel look for the tick box
"hide items at this breakpoint. select it until the tick disappears,
you should now see the menu with the black background,

here is another silent movie demo for that

https://youtu.be/OwT8BOXCMlI


If you don't see that then there is something drastically wrong
let us know how you get on

The Help You Need: When You Need It The Most
Website Design & Development
Website Renovations
Wayans' Theme Park
Watch Listen & Learn Video Tutorials
User 15505 Photo


Registered User
8 posts

Hi Wayan. 4 am? Yikes. Thanks for replying so quickly. The problem was on my end. I was looking at the live preview provided with the template.

When I loaded everything into site designer and checked all your recommendations it is functioning correctly.

Many thanks.
And thank-you for the videos, very helpful.
User 2699991 Photo


Registered User
3,656 posts

richard purcell wrote:
Hi Wayan. 4 am? Yikes. Thanks for replying so quickly. The problem was on my end. I was looking at the live preview provided with the template.

When I loaded everything into site designer and checked all your recommendations it is functioning correctly.

Many thanks.
And thank-you for the videos, very helpful.



ARRRRG I was going to mention that Live Preview or Device don't show those sort of things anymore right at the beginning, I forgot

I am sure they used to work on previous builds, I have mentioned it a couple of times to the CC guru's but not yet been addressed

Glad you spotted it

The Help You Need: When You Need It The Most
Website Design & Development
Website Renovations
Wayans' Theme Park
Watch Listen & Learn Video Tutorials
User 122279 Photo


Senior Advisor
13,696 posts

I have read through this discussion and have checked the template in question, but I still don't understand what you have found that is not working.

(I know of something that isn't working, but that has not been mentioned here. And for that Frank Cook has posted a remedy here:
https://www.coffeecup.com/forums/site-d … post296022 )

What else is not working? Maybe Wayan's videos would have shown it, but they are not playing for me.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway
This site was made before we were able to create components through the app:
Component sharing for RFF, RBB, RSD and SD: https://eikweb.com/sharing/
My work in progress right now:
Components for the same as above + HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com


User 2699991 Photo


Registered User
3,656 posts

Inger wrote:
I have read through this discussion and have checked the template in question, but I still don't understand what you have found that is not working.

(I know of something that isn't working, but that has not been mentioned here. And for that Frank Cook has posted a remedy here:
https://www.coffeecup.com/forums/site-d … post296022 )

What else is not working? Maybe Wayan's videos would have shown it, but they are not playing for me.

Inger it doesn't work using device view or preview.
It works fine if using PREVIEW ON
I am sure that before things like that worked on both device view and preview, I have mentioned it a couple of times when testing pre-release things but not addressed yet, on the other hand I maybe mistaken

The Help You Need: When You Need It The Most
Website Design & Development
Website Renovations
Wayans' Theme Park
Watch Listen & Learn Video Tutorials
User 15505 Photo


Registered User
8 posts

I experienced what Wayan has mentioned.
I also found that the in 'Live Preview' offered on the template page the hamburger didn't work on mobile or a scaled down Chrome browser. https://themes.coffeecup.com/ouch.html

As Wayan mentioned, once operating within Site Designer everything did work as expected when I used 'PREVIEW ON' . My inexperience with the program led to my error.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.