Must I type in all links? - Post ID...

User 304640 Photo

24 posts

After spending quite a bit of time learning how to use the RSD design interface, I get to the point where I try linking objects. Please tell me this isn't true: I must manually type in every link?

I cannot find any way to access my resources and just select a page or an image and click to select it as a link. I work with sites that use a lot of images and internal links. The responsive design model itself adds a lot of work for everyone, but If I must manually type in every link, this is going to render RSD impractical for me, as my workload will go up enormously! It doesn't help that I'm not much of a Typist!
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Hey William,

We just created an article to help you with that process. In a future update we will make this process much easier eliminating the need to manually type a name but instead allow you to select something from the Resources.

http://www.coffeecup.com/help/articles/ … e-numbers/
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 304640 Photo

24 posts

Thanks Scott. So far I am liking most of what I see in RSD. I have been using MS Expression web for the last few years. I have gotten used to accessing a file structure and simply selecting a document or image, which is then automatically linked. I am also used to the auto-thumbnail feature which has been available for many years through all versions of MS Frontpage and Expression web. That feature is sorely missed and is invaluable for sites that use large numbers of frequently-changing images that are too large to post directly on the page. Still not sure how I will deal with that one.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.