Mobile First Theme Question - Post ID...

User 2906089 Photo

222 posts

I just updated to v4. When choosing new themes, has there always only been one mobile-first theme (Even it says VanillaCSS Desktop Down)? I don't have v3.5 to check anymore.

Thanks in advance.
Learn something, Share something.
User 2903050 Photo

260 posts

Bootstrap and foundation 6.4 are mobile up frameworks by design. Regards Phil
User 2906089 Photo

222 posts

Do you know how to change it so the correct themes show?
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,453 posts
Online Now

Bosco, when you installed V4, did you let it overwrite your previous version? If you did, it should have picked up whatever themes you had in the v3.0 or 3.5 versions. You will find some free themes in the CC new theme shop, but they are all for Bootstrap, Foundation or Materialize.

As to Vanilla themes, I don't think there are any. The reason for that is, that Vanilla is no actual framework, it is just an option, for those who are able to do their own css/js, or who know how to find something suitable, to work in their own kind of 'framework' and use their own approach (mobile up or desktop down). To help people getting started with Vanilla, I have created some few building blocks in my sharing folder (see URL in my singature). Look for elements with '(VA)' after their name.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 2906089 Photo

222 posts

I've always overwritten my installation when upgrading. Do I need to wipe it clean and load v4 again? I know it's been recommended in the past and I definitely seem to have a mess of themes.
User 188640 Photo

895 posts

I've always uninstalled the software and then installed the upgrade. I have 21 themes and frameworks total in V4.
A Rose is Just a Weed in a Corn Patch!
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,453 posts
Online Now

Earlier it was always recommended first to uninstall before installing an upgrade. Now it is not so important, since you can upgrade from withing the app.

Ernie, some of the themes you have must then be older versions, from RSD? You can use them in SD4, but it would be better to use the converted ones from the theme shop. If you use themes at all, that is. ;)
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:

User 188640 Photo

895 posts

Inger,

I really don't use the themes but I leave them in the program just in case. :)
A Rose is Just a Weed in a Corn Patch!
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,453 posts
Online Now

Yeah, I see. I do the same.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.