LARGE computer monitors - Post ID 252157

User 179977 Photo

158 posts

I am new to RSD and there is something I am missing. There is a bit of a learning curve to say the least, but I am making progress. When I preview the site I am designing, all seems well on a medium sized screen and smaller. I have a large monitor, and as the screen size increases, things begin to fall apart. Where the images used to be I now have placeholders, and they seem to be out of place as well. I am sure it is something simple, but I have not figured out what it is. Assistance would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

What you have done there is made changes on a specific breakpoint. What you need to do is select the farthest breakpoint and move the slider to the right of that. This is where you are supposed to make the first styles. Then you slowly move the slider to the left, adding breakpoints when your content brakes and then add your new styles for that breakpoint. Just keep repeating the process until your designs complete.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 179977 Photo

158 posts

Thanks Scott,
I appreciate the assistance. I am gradually getting a handle on RSD. Slow process for me. :)

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.