Is It possible to link an inline text...

User 1981050 Photo

96 posts

I want to insert an email link into a text box. Just the one word inline. Is this possible? I see that you can link a web page URL but nowhere to link to an email. Am I looking at this wrong or is it not possible?

Thanks,
Linda
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

That is very easy to do. In the HREF box just enter mailto:me@me.com. If you want to use a phone number, use tel:5555555555
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 1981050 Photo

96 posts

Thanks Scott for your reply.

Am I looking in the wrong place? As far as I can see there isn't a HREF box. is it in the edit text panel? In the text edit mode there is a Link box but it just takes an URL. As far as I can see there isn't any other boxes to add. I typed in mailto:ronpradetto@ronpradetto.com, which is the email address I want and when I preview it I still get a "webpage not found" page.
I have a feeling it is something simple and I'm going to feel like an idiot when I figure out what your talking about.

Linda
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

linda pradetto wrote:
Thanks Scott for your reply.

Am I looking in the wrong place? As far as I can see there isn't a HREF box. is it in the edit text panel? In the text edit mode there is a Link box but it just takes an URL. As far as I can see there isn't any other boxes to add. I typed in mailto:ronpradetto@ronpradetto.com, which is the email address I want and when I preview it I still get a "webpage not found" page.
I have a feeling it is something simple and I'm going to feel like an idiot when I figure out what your talking about.

Linda

If you are using the in-line text editor, then you use the link box. Remember, for most people those links will not work unless a default email client is installed.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 1981050 Photo

96 posts

K,
Like I said I'm going to feel like an idiot. It worked after about the third time I tried it. I must have typed in something wrong.

Thanks
Linda

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.