Exporting to publish to a host - Post...

User 243257 Photo

2 posts

I have been using Site Designer for several months and find that when publishing to the S Drive everything works as expected. When I export to publish to another host system, small changes are often not populated unless I upload the file (s) multiple times and/or do a complete upload of the entire project. I use Coffee Cup Direct FTP for uploads. I have cleared my browser histories as well to see if it is a browser issue-it seldomly is. I also notice that after uploading the the files, when I check the file time it is not the same as the original time on my machine. Is there another FTP product that you use that works consistently with small changes in Site Designer. OF COURSE IF THE PUBLISHING ROUTINE FOR S DRIVE WERE EXTENDED TO OTHER HOSTS, THINGS WOULD BE BETTER.
User 2903050 Photo

260 posts

I use FileZilla to upload any changes. I then open the website in an incognito browser to see any changes that I have made. Regards Phil
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,447 posts
Online Now

I always use DFTP for uploading, it's now a 12 years old habit, and it has always worked. Whether I upload a full project or just a file or two, the changes/additions I have made display after refreshing the site - or page - that I updated.
Regarding the dates: I just checked something I uploaded recently, and the time stamp on my local files and the one on the uploaded file were exactly 9 hours apart. That is consistent with the time difference between Norway, where I am, and California, where the server is.

Also, if you upload changed files from the folder they were saved in, to the same folder on the server, and the actual folder was there already, the folder will keep its time stamp, but the files inside it will of course have the new date and time.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 243257 Photo

2 posts

Thanks Phil

FileZilla is a better choice and has apparently solved my issue.

Thanks

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.