Design Fall Back - Post ID 290460

User 2811194 Photo

34 posts

I am not understanding clearly how to manage the Design Fall Back first approach. This is what I thought:

- need to build considering the design fall back first
Questions:
- should I be considering this across all break points?
- what attributes of the design should be avoided to stay with the parameters that IE11 recognizes?

- once the site has been built in this mode then "switch off" (?) the design fallback first and design in CSS Grid?

Any help most appreciated.
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,450 posts

'Fallback-first' it thought to be for older b rowsers that cannot understand CSS grid, it mainly concerns IE11.

Some people here in the forum seem to think that fallback is not important any more, but I know there are still quite a number of IE11 users out there.

In my sharing folder I have been playing a bit with Grid. I'm no expert, and the samples I have are fairly simple. But I have explained how to do it, what and how to do it in fallback, and when to change to grid. You will find two navigations (Bootstrap and Foundation) by the name of 'Off-canvas vertical', and one grid gallery for each framework that you can use in Site designer. They are called 'Grid Gallery'. The URL to my sharing folder is in my signature.

If you need more explanation, then just ask.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.