component import fails - Post ID 302371

User 2924830 Photo

160 posts

Initial situation: I have 2 identical projects (same site in German + English).
In the first one, I am building a new container (footer) quite elaborately with flex and grid etc.. I exported it as a component. When importing it into the other project I get a warning message (Css Vanilla can't be taken over or something) and then many class names are missing and elements like grid or flex become block etc.. What have I done wrong?
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,461 posts
Online Now

Are both the English and the German project built with 'Frameworkless' (Don't know if you are talking about the project I built for you).

Could you let us see that warning message (the actual text) you get when you try to import the component into the other project?
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 2924830 Photo

160 posts

Hi Inger - welcome back in the cold. Yes its the same project you and Frank built - frameworkless -it says "The component you arerr adding contains selectors that are used on this pager with different stye rules. To avoid conflicts they will be appended. that means that Vanillacss classes might need to be readded to create the original component appearance".
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,461 posts
Online Now

That is quite a normal thing. I have such messages all the time. It basically means that class names have been given a -1, for example, a class called .content might appear as .content-1. Typically, if you have more instances of the same class name the first instance does not get changed, only the later ones. So, if we use the example of '.content', find the first instance and rename it to '.content-1' or whichever number that has been appended. DON'T go the opposite way and remove the '-1' where you find them.

SD is a bit too careful about this thing. You could also just add the component despite that message and see what you get. If everything seems OK, then you don't have to do anything. If something goes haywire, you can just undo your actions.

Oh, and yes, I'm back in the cold, I went from 30 degrees to zero. We're having snow.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:

User 2924830 Photo

160 posts

thanks Inger - I'l try that - so I only have to change the class names so that the Component has no names that might be repeated in the project - I didn't think that I used class names that exitsed before in that project - but I'll check that. Thanks.
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,461 posts
Online Now

I remember that I made a little footer at the bottom of that site. You may perhaps avoid the whole problem if you delete that footer first, and then save - close and reopen the project. Then the whole footer thingie should be gone from the memory of the project, and you could try to add your new footer.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:

User 2924830 Photo

160 posts

thanks Inger - like alwaqys you solved the problem

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.