Bit more SEO - Post ID 254625

User 450830 Photo

148 posts

Like I could make in the <html> element additions like bijvorrbeeld indicate that it is a Dutch site, and then like this: <html lang = "nl">
groet,

Ger van Veen
http://schilder-vanveen.nl
User 2744602 Photo

162 posts

Ger van veen wrote:
Like I could make in the <html> element additions like bijvorrbeeld indicate that it is a Dutch site, and then like this: <html lang = "nl">

Yes the checkers I used told me I HAD to include the <html lang = "en">
Maybe this should be built into RSD?
KISS is the key!
User 2806678 Photo

1 post

The first lang tag only specifies a language code. The second specifies a language code, followed by a country code.

<html lang="en-US"> essentially means "this page is in the US style of English."

In a similar way, <html lang="en-GB"> would mean "this page is in the United Kingdom style of English."

Note - It doesn't help the browser to display the page, but it is useful for search engines, screen readers, and other things that might read and try to interpret the page, besides human beings.
User 2744602 Photo

162 posts

Amit Kumar wrote:
The first lang tag only specifies a language code. The second specifies a language code, followed by a country code.

<html lang="en-US"> essentially means "this page is in the US style of English."

In a similar way, <html lang="en-GB"> would mean "this page is in the United Kingdom style of English."

Note - It doesn't help the browser to display the page, but it is useful for search engines, screen readers, and other things that might read and try to interpret the page, besides human beings.

Hi Amit :)

Totally agree mate!
KISS is the key!

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.