Would have been nice to know!! - Post...

User 1957575 Photo

13 posts

I updated my software versions of SCC and SCD yesterday and made some changes to my available products. Couldn't figure out why the changes were not reflected online and after several hours of playing with things, discovered that the update had changed my default server folder. Would have been nice to know in advance to double check that or not had it changed at all!!!
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

The upgrade never would have made that change. ;)
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 1957575 Photo

13 posts

Well, I sure didn't or I would have known what the problem was hours ago!
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Mary Erickson wrote:
Well, I sure didn't or I would have known what the problem was hours ago!

That is what they all say. ;)

Glad you figured it out though.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 1957575 Photo

13 posts

Just wanted to let you know that the program defaulted the upload location to "/shop/" again. There has to be something quirky somewhere as I am NOT changing it.
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Mary Erickson wrote:
Just wanted to let you know that the program defaulted the upload location to "/shop/" again. There has to be something quirky somewhere as I am NOT changing it.

If you upgrade to SCC Pro, the remote folder path is stored with your project .
User 364143 Photo

5,410 posts

<--- Gets out the popcorn. :)
CoffeeCup... Yeah, they are the best!
User 539803 Photo

2,156 posts

in SCC pro each time you start a new shop you have to re set the path as default is /shop

And if you have multiple shops, when you open each shop the correct path is in place when you upload.

I think from memory in basic every time you re-name your shop, (or do save as) or start a new one you get /shop
Started using CC VSD in January 2009, I don't do HTML code, Sales from CC site exceeding expectations taken me out of semi-retirement
Hosted FREE on CC S DRIVE www.chauffeurdrivenluxurycars.co.uk
My new VSD & SCCP site Oct 2011 www.deloreanjewellery.co.uk
My friendly window cleaner www.mwcwindowcleaner.co.uk

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.