What file do I link to ...??? - Post...

User 502727 Photo

19 posts

I have just uploaded my first shopping cart onto a friends server for him. I called the folder it sits in 'Shopping Cart', and I can see what I beleive to be all off the Coffee Cup Shopping Cart files in it on the server. If not here, where would I look and what is the file name I am looking for?

Please bear with me as this may seem a very stupid question, but which file out of all of them do I link to in order to get to the shoppong cart from his website??? I have added a screenshot of the files that sit on the server if this helps?

Many thanks in antisipation ...
Sean.
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Hi

You should never put spaces into a directory name. It can cause all sorts of problems. Rename that folder to just the word shop
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 502727 Photo

19 posts

Hi Scott,

Thanks, I did not think when I used two words!!! I should know better.

I have now changed the file name and tried to link to it, but without success???

The link I used is like this: http://www.peterbarkerpaintings.co.uk/shop

Is this all and am I correct or should there be more?

Regards,
Sean.
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

I think you are uploading to the wrong area. In the remote folder you should use /htdocs/shop It looks like you are uploading to your server root folder and not your document root folder.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 502727 Photo

19 posts

Hi Scott,

I did try this and still no luck, so any other suggestions that do not involve a medical proceedure ...!!!

Seriously, all I should need to do is link the string with it ending with the 'shop' file.

Regards,
Sean.
User 502727 Photo

19 posts

Hi Scott,

I have retried thsi and guess what, it works.

Many thanks for your help.

Regards,
Sean.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.