What do do when Paypal plug in goes...

User 6604 Photo

16 posts

I think i posted this before, but i can't find it, so sorry, but is a recommendation as to what to do when PayPal pulls the plug on the plug-in on Wednesday, the 22nd? I looked at their site and solutions and saw no mention of CC SCC Pro.. Thanks, Art
User 6604 Photo

16 posts

this was supposed to be a shopping cart basic question. i had a brain freeze and put it in pro instead. sorry.
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

It's all good Art, you put it in the right place :)
User 2114410 Photo

383 posts

What plug-in are they pulling? Does this mean our website standard payments using our Paypal accounts won't work on our SCC websites? :o
User 364143 Photo

5,410 posts

PayPal is discontinuing a browser plugin. It will not interfere with the cart or website payments.
CoffeeCup... Yeah, they are the best!
User 2114410 Photo

383 posts

Tom wrote:
PayPal is discontinuing a browser plugin. It will not interfere with the cart or website payments.

Phew. :D

Thanks Tom. That had me worried for a moment as I hadn't organised another form of payment.
User 2641572 Photo

1,245 posts

PayPal may appear to be on another planet sometimes, but they'd never stop money passing through their palms..... kerching.!!! :)
User 2114410 Photo

383 posts

WILL_UK wrote:
PayPal may appear to be on another planet sometimes, but they'd never stop money passing through their palms..... kerching.!!! :)

Very true Will. They will take over the planet like Ebay has tried to do. :/

Just out of interest, what is the browser plug-in that they were offering? I hadn't heard of it.
User 2641572 Photo

1,245 posts

Here is some general info on it. Ceases to exist after tomorrow (22nd) though.

http://www.downloadsquad.com/2008/06/04 … ke-paypal/
User 2114410 Photo

383 posts

WILL_UK wrote:
Here is some general info on it. Ceases to exist after tomorrow (22nd) though.

http://www.downloadsquad.com/2008/06/04 … ke-paypal/

Oh that is cool. I never knew about it though, and as it's ending, well it's not so cool now.

So this would be used by CC members who opted for one of the other two forms of payments, but would also have liked to accept Paypal from the customers who wished to pay that way? So they would have been able to accept two forms of payments?

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.