Upload Problems - Post ID 139231

User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

short of telling him to get a real server setup with a real domain for the business you mean? LOL

Seriously that's a lot of hassle for people to manage trying to find the site let alone a shop. I would tell him he needs to get a separate server setup for the thing and definitely a domain name that points directly to the shop site at the very least.

Other than that, I would also suggest that you upload the shop into a /shop directory rather than the main domain unless that's all that is there. Chances are if he had things there and had anything named the same, they got overwritten with the shop files such as a index.php file or something like that.

If nothing was there to start with then you're all set, but if he plans any other pages to go there that will be done outside of the shop pages, I would suggest a /shop directory so that they are separated. This way an uninstall of the store won't lose externally created pages as well.

Basically you would end up (at this time) with something like the same address you put into the cart for the address the first time with /shop on the end.

Hope that makes sense, kudos to you for trying to work with that mess lol. Good luck :)

User 31219 Photo

58 posts

Have a small problem with my shop and don't know how to correct it. Have an attached file that will explain what is happening. Some one might be able to put me right on how to fix it. It is only happening in the first category and the remaining ones are ok. Check out the attached file.
Attachments:
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Bob wrote:
Have a small problem with my shop and don't know how to correct it. Have an attached file that will explain what is happening. Some one might be able to put me right on how to fix it. It is only happening in the first category and the remaining ones are ok. Check out the attached file.

Go into your shop for that product and then look at the optional fields. You may have some incorrectly configured optional fields. If you did not want any options to appear, delete the blank entries and re-publish your shop. This will remove them.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 31219 Photo

58 posts

Hi Scott, Been there and done that but that doesn't fix the problem. It's only in the first category and I have 7 categories and I can't figure out what is causing it to occure. It is also doing it in the Pro version I just bought.Online is the old version and I will be updating on the 1st October as New Zealand has put its GST up to 15% now so I will do the update when this comes into force.My shop link is http://www.havelock.net.nz/boatstuffNZ.htm I may have to redo that category. There was a stage where I changed the options and I think it happened then.
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Bob wrote:
Hi Scott, Been there and done that but that doesn't fix the problem. It's only in the first category and I have 7 categories and I can't figure out what is causing it to occure. It is also doing it in the Pro version I just bought.Online is the old version and I will be updating on the 1st October as New Zealand has put its GST up to 15% now so I will do the update when this comes into force.My shop link is http://www.havelock.net.nz/boatstuffNZ.htm I may have to redo that category. There was a stage where I changed the options and I think it happened then.

Can you zip your shop files up (.scc and _website folder) and email them to me at scott@coffeecup.com?
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.