Trying to make this work - Post ID 74091

User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Cookies are required so items can be stored in the basket. If they are turned off, this error will happen.

There is no work around if cookies are disabled.

I am always interested in trying to understand the thought process behind settings like this. Why would you disable cookies? Inherently there are no security concerns by enabling them.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 296783 Photo

21 posts

YES YES YES YES!!!! The tech at powweb fixed it and gave the reason:

Dear Customer,

I am contacting you about your ticket, #5693590, regarding your issue. Your cart's error was giving the result below, this was found in your CGI error logs in your Control Panel. I have edited your PHP.INI file in your control panel and changed the session.save_path to /home/users/web/b1523/pow.randyvild/htdocs/cgi-bin/tmp

Error Log:

PHP Warning: session_start() [<a href='function.session-start'>function.session-start</a>]: open(/var/php_sessions/sess_5393c3ac50b508aa34c73f11538e8f5c, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in /hermes/web09/b1523/pow.randyvild/htdocs/randyvildsorchestrations/shop/ccdata/php/page.cls.php on line 106
PHP Warning: Unknown: open(/var/php_sessions/sess_5393c3ac50b508aa34c73f11538e8f5c, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning: Unknown: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/var/php_sessions) in Unknown on line 0

I hope that helps for others.

Regards,
Randy Vild

PS I enable my cookies and allow just for the sites I want. This stops many pop ups and other unwanted files from going on my computer.
User 539803 Photo

2,156 posts

cookies both set to allow

just tried always allow session cookies option

now the add to cart button works but i get this message when hitting paypal button

No customer information received from PayPal, click PayPal button again to checkout

and on second click page is not https and is not secure ?

HOWEVER google allways works regardless of what i do
Started using CC VSD in January 2009, I don't do HTML code, Sales from CC site exceeding expectations taken me out of semi-retirement
Hosted FREE on CC S DRIVE www.chauffeurdrivenluxurycars.co.uk
My new VSD & SCCP site Oct 2011 www.deloreanjewellery.co.uk
My friendly window cleaner www.mwcwindowcleaner.co.uk

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.