Suggestions for Shopping Cart Creator...

User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

ahh ok thanks Phil, omg I swear you answered me before I posted LOL
User 389264 Photo

337 posts

I had a dream last night that I was in a Coffee Cup office talking to a female employee. I laid a pile of print-outs on her desk saying something to the effect that these features are absolutely required for the pro shopping cart. I'm trying to recall just what I wanted, likely search, shipping discounts and sub-directories. Goes to show that I need to get a life.
User 2641572 Photo

1,245 posts

Wolverana wrote:
Dave Butler wrote:
Hi Scott
Some suggestions for SCC basic/Pro (I have not been able to check if paypal or google checkout provide any of these)
Will there be an ability to email an order acknowledgement and/or a despatch note/ invoice.
Ability to use an order ref number and/or invoice number.
Any thoughts on creating a transaction file with product, qty, value, order/inv ref,date,total order value etc. This would very useful for an audit trail.
Perhaps somehow it would possible to copy this transaction file to a spreadsheet for sales analysis.
In he Uk many online shops email a confirmation of order and then email an invoice on despatch of goods.

SCC doesn't send/create order confirmations to the customer? I didn't realize that either. That is definitely something that should be in here I think too.
Being able to use an order number is almost a must these days for tracking things. So I'm kind of confused here. When we get orders we have to create our own order confirmations and put our order numbers in it ourselves? That could get quite tedious to do that manually if you end up with a reallllly busy shop lol. Most other cart softwares have this built in to send at least the order confirmation.

I haven't tried an actual transaction yet, guess I'll do that today and see what it does lol. Does it at least show you your order confirmation online for you to print?

I second the suggestions Dave made that they are very important also.

PayPal automatically send out a receipt to the buyer. PayPal also sends out an email to the seller advising them of the buyers purchase, the delivery address and their email.

Reality is, that many people abandon shopping carts due to long drawn out checkout processes and requests for personal information. From a customer's perspective they just want to click the buy button and pay for their goods with the payment provider.

Shopping Cart Creator currently has no ability to capture customer information. To implement that, the developers would have to develop two separate systems for those that wanted customer data captured and those that didn't want to burden their customers with filling in forms. That's when it all starts to get very complicated. :(
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Wolverana wrote:
Dave Butler wrote:
Hi Scott
Some suggestions for SCC basic/Pro (I have not been able to check if paypal or google checkout provide any of these)
Will there be an ability to email an order acknowledgement and/or a despatch note/ invoice.
Ability to use an order ref number and/or invoice number.
Any thoughts on creating a transaction file with product, qty, value, order/inv ref,date,total order value etc. This would very useful for an audit trail.
Perhaps somehow it would possible to copy this transaction file to a spreadsheet for sales analysis.
In he Uk many online shops email a confirmation of order and then email an invoice on despatch of goods.

SCC doesn't send/create order confirmations to the customer? I didn't realize that either. That is definitely something that should be in here I think too.
Being able to use an order number is almost a must these days for tracking things. So I'm kind of confused here. When we get orders we have to create our own order confirmations and put our order numbers in it ourselves? That could get quite tedious to do that manually if you end up with a reallllly busy shop lol. Most other cart softwares have this built in to send at least the order confirmation.

I haven't tried an actual transaction yet, guess I'll do that today and see what it does lol. Does it at least show you your order confirmation online for you to print?

As Will just mentioned, email notifications are handled by the merchant. There is no need for our software to send out any sort of e-mail because PayPal, Google Checkout etc already do that. For us to have a feature like that, we would need to capture all the customer information before it is delivered to the merchant and that would be a HUGE task to accomplish.

I am pretty sure that this sort of functionality will never be incorporated in the software or at least not in the foreseeable future.

Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 191250 Photo

6 posts

I Scott,
I Purchased shopping cart creator when it first came out, and ditched it soon after so I don't know if what I am going to suggest has already been resolved in later releases or any where else for that matter.
The biggest problem I encountered was the limit of 50 items in a category without creating a sub category etc.
The reason I purchased the software was for one particular customer who rejected the implementation using SCC because they had up to 120+ items that needed to be in one category, and wouldn't accept sub categories.
I am revisiting SCC now because of the new Designer software but it's pointless me buying that if the base SCC can't have a higher limit per category.
I have only used your forums today for the first time so I appologise if this is now irrelavant.
I use HTML Editor all the time and never had a problem with it, and consider it the best editor in the world.

Regards
Roger
User 2641572 Photo

1,245 posts

Scott Swedorski wrote:
Wolverana wrote:
Dave Butler wrote:

In the Uk many online shops email a confirmation of order and then email an invoice on despatch of goods.

As Will just mentioned, email notifications are handled by the merchant. There is no need for our software to send out any sort of e-mail because PayPal, Google Checkout etc already do that. For us to have a feature like that, we would need to capture all the customer information before it is delivered to the merchant and that would be a HUGE task to accomplish.

I am pretty sure that this sort of functionality will never be incorporated in the software or at least not in the foreseeable future.

Interestingly enough, whilst I was researching something else on the net this morning, I came across an article from a web research study, that stated many people won't actually fill in forms unless the site uses secure socket layers. In layman's terms, that's a web page sporting the padlock symbol. Getting a SSL certificate for your site would be yet another expense and an additional layer of complexity. :rolleyes:
User 133733 Photo

17 posts

I'd be happy just to have more options in the multiple shipping; we are limited to three, and it just isn't enough. Is there no way we can tell it to add another option, as often as we need? Priddy pleeeez?? (Sorry if this has been asked, I'm SOOOOO busy right now and I tried doing a search but didn't see it in there.)

Desperate for more shipping options! Thanks! :D:D
Jo Holloway
www.sunpenny.com
User 204387 Photo

138 posts

Hi,
One for the pro version.
Is it possible to display links or thumbnails of other products in the same category as the main product being viewed?

Cheers,
Baz.
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Baz wrote:
Hi,
One for the pro version.
Is it possible to display links or thumbnails of other products in the same category as the main product being viewed?

Cheers,
Baz.

Sorry, but that is not an option yet.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 531474 Photo

150 posts

I am pretty sure that this sort of functionality will never be incorporated in the software or at least not in the foreseeable future.[/quote]
Interestingly enough, whilst I was researching something else on the net this morning, I came across an article from a web research study, that stated many people won't actually fill in forms unless the site uses secure socket layers. In layman's terms, that's a web page sporting the padlock symbol. Getting a SSL certificate for your site would be yet another expense and an additional layer of complexity. :rolleyes:[/quote]

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.