Suggestions for Shopping Cart Creator...

User 1954995 Photo

53 posts

Is there a way to add a blank line in the option field? For example a "Please Select" with out getting charge?
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Gary Christensen wrote:
Is there a way to add a blank line in the option field? For example a "Please Select" with out getting charge?

Sorry, but no.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

sounds good Scott, that's all one can ask is for possibilities :)
User 447551 Photo

Ambassador
139 posts

Now here is a feature that I can't believe hasn't been asked for many times already.

http://producten.hema.nl/

Just watch it, don't do anything.......
User 629005 Photo

Ambassador
2,174 posts

Very clever...

Don't know that I could ever use it, but I like it just the same :)
Living the dream, stocking the cream :D
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

omg that is way cool!! course it's basically a full blown movie not really the item page of the shop, but it's way cool lol. Could be done with external pages outside of the shopping cart though and links. That was definitely worth the watch guys check it out.
User 2641572 Photo

1,245 posts

Whilst I appreciate the skills of the people that created that utility, sometimes site elements can distract from the primary goal of what an ecommerce site is all about; essentially the process of getting people to part with their cash, in exchange for your products. :)

Compare it to visiting your local bricks and mortar store. Do you actually want shop assistants performing distracting cartwheels, messages popping out of the displays and stopping your trolley in the aisle, flashing displays sending you into a daze and having to endure the mindless drivel of the staff (blog), or do you just want the products you went in to buy clearly located, with adequate details on the packaging and a rapid route to the door?

I like the simplicity of cart creator, people can view the products, read the item description, add to cart and go straight to the payment processor - job done!! :)
User 389264 Photo

337 posts

Whilst I appreciate the skills of the people that created that utility, sometimes site elements can distract from the primary goal of what an ecommerce site is all about; essentially the process of getting people to part with their cash, in exchange for your products.

I sure agree with Will on this one. I find some of the requests for features rather strange. As for me when I go to a B&M store I could care less about bells and whistles. A salesperson who can help me find what I'm looking for is far more important, hint, a search feature. I want to know what I'm buying, hint, item number. I want the best value for my money, hint, combined shipping discount.

As someone who has bought and sold Online for years I may have a different sets of what's important than those with flashy sites. IMO, my wants/needs are what an ecommerce site is all about.
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

I'm not sure if this was suggested or not already, I'm pretty sure I saw something about search functions being suggested, but I have a friend just asked me today if it will have a search by Price type setup and I told him I've no clue what type of search might be added if any. So I guess my suggestion would be to maybe have a search by price range if search is something at all being looked at for the pro version.
User 2641572 Photo

1,245 posts

The team are facing a whole new bunch of challenges with the pro version of cart creator. Every new feature not only has to be carefully thought out as to how it will be implemented, but the programmers are having to code most of that functionality from scratch. None of us will know until nearer the time, exactly what features will be incorporated in the initial release, but it's unlikely that every requested feature will be incorporated on its release.

I know that many of us have requested a short delay on its release if it means more features can be incorporated, but this is a big ongoing project for the folks over at Coffeecup and the product has to be carefully thought out at every stage, so that whilst it becomes a more viable solution for serious business use, it doesn't become overburdened and difficult to use.

When the pro version is released, there are obviously going to be minor bugs found by users and changes needed to the functionality of the new feature sets. Those will need to be sorted out to enable a stable platform, before extra features are added. The pro version is going to be an ongoing development process for some time to come yet. I think we are all going to have to adapt our timescales.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.