Suggestions for Shopping Cart Creator...

User 232214 Photo

COO
827 posts

Hello Mike,

It is a priority feature, but also one of the more difficult functions to implement. One way or the other, this should get solved in the next couple of months.
The future of web layout has arrived and it's called CSS Grid. CoffeeCup helps you to get ready with a free guide, the Grid Builder app plus cool demos & themes.
User 204387 Photo

138 posts

Hi,
This may have already been covered. Would it be possible in the pro version to have pricing options with extras' from a drop down menu:
Xmas Tree £10
Xmas Tree with lights £15
Xmas Tree with lights and tinsel £20

Baz.
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Baz wrote:
Hi,
This may have already been covered. Would it be possible in the pro version to have pricing options with extras' from a drop down menu:
Xmas Tree £10
Xmas Tree with lights £15
Xmas Tree with lights and tinsel £20

Baz.

Yes, that is already in the Pro version. ;)
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2641572 Photo

1,245 posts

One specific thing that I'd like to see with options, is the first entry saying 'please select' to force the user to purposefully choose an option. It is all too easy for the default item at the top of the list to be selected inadvertently, by users totally ignoring the option list. Could be a problem for folks that sell things by size, or by colour.

Also by adding an enhanced shipping module to the pro version, you'll have a product to challenge the bigger players out there, without the software becoming overburdened :P
User 515922 Photo

57 posts

When you view an individual item in the store, the URL looks like this:
http://www.porkyandbob.com/shop/viewite … oductid=25
I wish it could be similar to this:
http://www.porkyandbob.com/shop/viewite … ame_Sensor
Wouldn't that rate better in the search engines? It describes better what it is.

I could live without this, but it sure would be nice.
Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin
User 515922 Photo

57 posts

That second link won't work, it's just an example....
User 148353 Photo

Ambassador
808 posts

Furnace Guy,

That has been discussed in another thread (http://www.coffeecup.com/forums/coffeec … -freindly/).

SCC is very SEO friendly.
"Time heals everything. Know who said that? My Latin teacher at barber college!"
- Floyd Lawson

Widoktadwat - "Plays Well With Others"

User 515922 Photo

57 posts

Thank you, Lowell!
User 34830 Photo

10 posts

Hello, working on my new Shop I found that...

a) It's very needed a way to add "sub-categories" : menu looks very long...

b) It could nice the chance to have some flags with small icons like "new" or "hot" or "special offer"

c) A way to modify the header: actually to have the name of the site and the same text in the copyright is not the same thing... At least for me: company is "scenes" while the store is "Scenes.Store"... but then Scenes.Store is also in the copyright....

d) I bought the "Green Borealis" theme: very nice, but the header is very... empty, also adding my logo (and it's not a square of 128by128).

e) A way to add in the header banners ?

Some suggestions from me.
Sorry if someone else just asked...

Giuseppe
User 204387 Photo

138 posts

Hi,
I agree, from a design perspective sub categories are a must.
I am hitting the buffers on the site I am working on at the moment trying to compress categories.
The problem is when switching from category to product you end up with
2/3 of blank page on the product side to accommodate the categories on the left. Not a good look. Drop down menu scrolls off the page.
Any more than 10 categories and it begins to look untidy.

Baz.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.