Suggestions for Shopping Cart Creator...

User 2641572 Photo

1,245 posts

TJ Wilson wrote:
Also, I tried the new Shopping Cart Designger Pro, and can't really see much in the way of advantages, did I miss something here?

If you are happy with the standard themes that come with Cart Creator, then you probably have no need for the Designer. It is more geared to people, that have a need for their site to be styled to their own requirements, to get an exact 'look' to their site.
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

I searched around and didn't find this in any of the suggestions so if I missed it don't shoot me just consider it support for the previous person's post if there is one lol.

I think with this addition of the new categories coming up in the Pro Version, and even for the basic this would be useful, that it would be very helpful if we could move multiple items at once. I tried different ways to try to select more than one product to move it, but there seems to be no way to do that.

Many of us will want to restructure our categories once we have more versitle ways with the Pro Version, and already I find myself needing to move a bunch of things from one place to another as I try to get my categories how I want them for now. Some of us will have hundreds or even over a thousand products to manipulate around...

So my suggestion is to be able to select multiple products to move, delete, copy, etc.
It would also be awesome if we could actually move the categories with products intact all in one shot too. In fact this would really be helpful because right now I'm trying to figure out how to add things without the subcategories and still make it easier to move later and I just can see no way without being able to move an entire category into a subcategory slot.
User 250440 Photo

22 posts

OK - sorry if I'm reapeating something here...

I would like the price tags removed from the top level - categories level.
When you first open up my page it tooks like I only sell 3 items per category.
I would rather just have a category and then an image (without the prices) I want the visitors to click down and explore my categories.

http://corrinasmith.com/shop/index.php
See what I mean?

ALSO - I second/third...the person that wants to stop a unique item being sold more than once.

Helps.....
Kind regards
Corrina
Unique handcrafted jewellery by Corrina Smith
www.greenriverstudio.co.uk
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Would really be awesome if we could add "extra" photo settings for the "Optional Fields" area. Basically if you choose one of the Optional Fields it would change the graphic on the page to the graphic for that particular choice.

I have some items that have separate pictures which are more than what can be added into the Product Description area as I have 6 variations to choose and I have only 5 spaces for pictures. I am right now just including a picture with all the choices in one graphic, but would be great if we could separate the choices to open either into a new page for that Optional choice or if the graphic could just change for that Optional choice.
User 250440 Photo

22 posts

OK another BIG thing on my wish list....larger product photos.
I want customers to want to click on my items and I find the images too small.

Take a look - you will see what I mean

Pretty please :-)
Kind regards
Corrina
User 2641572 Photo

1,245 posts

I have a suggestion that should only take the programmers a few minutes to implement. :)

On the item description page can we possibly have the wording 'click to enlarge' under the main image.

Not every site visitor will figure it out for themselves. :rolleyes:
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

GreenRiverStudio wrote:
OK another BIG thing on my wish list....larger product photos.
I want customers to want to click on my items and I find the images too small.

Take a look - you will see what I mean

Pretty please :-)

I don't think those images are small at all. Any bigger and I will need a 27" monitor just to view them ;)
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 539803 Photo

2,156 posts

Scott i think : Green River Studio is refering to the thumbnails, on homepage etc.

I also preferd the larger thumb nails that i had with classical jaz top navigation

With our jewellery items bigger thumb nails are a huge advantage. you won't see it from a programming point of view, but my own clients have told me previously that getting an emediate clear image sold the product.

It is about the only thing i miss from Cubecart and magento, where you could change thumbnail size

Viv

Started using CC VSD in January 2009, I don't do HTML code, Sales from CC site exceeding expectations taken me out of semi-retirement
Hosted FREE on CC S DRIVE www.chauffeurdrivenluxurycars.co.uk
My new VSD & SCCP site Oct 2011 www.deloreanjewellery.co.uk
My friendly window cleaner www.mwcwindowcleaner.co.uk

User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Yep I would have to agree on the thumbnail size also since a lot of my products will be jewelry or small type items hard to see sometimes in the thumbnail sizes as they are now.

http://accessoriesoftheworld.com/shop
User 250440 Photo

22 posts

Yep, I meant the thumbnails. Compare the thumbnails to my etsy site www.greenriverstudio.etsy.com, you will see what I mean. I want people to want to click and explore. The visual element of my site is very important so larger thumbnails would be wonderful.

I second Will's idea about add in some 'Click to enlarge' text...I'd like to see this as a link under the thumbnails.

In the meantime, I'm off to add 'click to enlarge' in to my descriptions..........

....A batch editing tool would be nice ;-)
Kind regards
Corrina

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.