Suggestions for Shopping Cart Creator...

User 612667 Photo

252 posts

I think what the shopping cart creator pro will definitely needs is something better done with the pictures. For example when you click on the picture to make it larger maybe you can provide some information with the pictures. Also I think the pictures should display much larger when they are enlarged and also have a zoom in capability when you hover over the picture like on ebay. I have noticed also that my pictures look kind of blurry before they are enlarged I think that also needs to be fixed. I am not sure if there is a way to do that now.

Also I think you should be allowed to place your logo where ever you would like for example the center of the page.

Carlos Regueira - https://minerva-gallery.com

User 612667 Photo

252 posts

Oh yeah, when is the shopping cart creator pro supposed to be coming out? Thanks!

User 49135 Photo

14 posts
Online Now

I apologize if I'm asking a dumb question. I tried to open the links on Scott's post (must read and tips and trick), and I got a "page cannot be found" error.

Is there a way to enable the customer to enter the price?

I just purchased the program based on getting a response back from support to "Open your shop in Shopping Cart Creator, select your product and go to More Options tab. In the Quantities section, select "Let buyer choose quantity" option."

I did all that, and now I'm showing zero's in the price and not option for the customer to enter the price. I don't need to have the quantity altered, the customer must be able to enter the price.

Thnx

Work Hard | Play Hard
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Hiya Elgie,

I'll assume that Support didn't understand what you were asking, as they would have definitely let you know that this is not possible with SCC, and I don't think it will be something possible in the Pro version either. At some point the Pro version will have an update (from comments in other posts) that may allow us to have customers input information for things such as customization info, but I don't think that customer pricing will be in there.

What type of situation are you looking for that would have your customers input a price rather than standard pricing practices? Maybe the lot of us here on the forums may be able to help you with a work around on it? Anything is possible when you put dozens of minds to it :)
User 117361 Photo

Ambassador
6,076 posts

When I write my product details or when I add text to the pages I create within the cart creator, I would like to switch between a code view or a rich text view. I see I can use "rich text" if I don't use html, but the moment I use html I can't switch back to rich text (unless I am missing something that I haven't noticed).

On the plus side, I was happy to discover that a form I built with the CC Form Builder integrated beautifully into a contact page I added to the shop.
User 117361 Photo

Ambassador
6,076 posts

When I am in the view cart page in the uploaded shop, I would like to be able to click on the product name or image to go back to the product description.

This would be useful if I have added two or more very similar products and need to exclude one or more. To be able to quickly go back and check over the description before I check out would seem to be a good navigational aid.
User 1072552 Photo

1 post

We sell personalised items, is it possible for the cart to include a section for them to include their details required?
User 2000538 Photo

1,392 posts

chic wrote:
We sell personalised items, is it possible for the cart to include a section for them to include their details required?

That's a commonly sort after feature ...maybe one day :-) Meanwhile some have used effective workarounds by adding forms. Lots of discussions about it in the forum.

Here is one of the threads:
http://www.coffeecup.com/forums/shopping-cart/is-there-a-way-for-customers-to-enter-more-information/
I know you believe you understand what you think I said...but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not exactly what I meant.

User 612667 Photo

252 posts

I sell artifacts and replicas and I never have more than one of each item. I noticed when customers check out the item stays on the website unless I remove it. I think that when there is only one item and someone checks out it should automatically take the item off the website. If not someone else can purchase it and then we have the problem of explaining this to the customer. Definitely should be included in the new version of the scc.

User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

This is something that will be addressed in the Pro version when it's released soon. Upgrading to that version will be what you need to do at that time to work inventory features into your shop. :)

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.