Suggestions for Shopping Cart Creator...

User 532886 Photo

1 post

This Software Shopping cart Creator 3.7 is very easy to use.Display well with Mozilla and Opera.But not display well when I browsed with IE.Please anybody,is there any solution?

Thanks.
aron
User 2641572 Photo

1,245 posts

It isn't compatible with IE 6, but should be OK with IE 7 and IE 8.

IE 6 is virtually obsolete now, with only a very small share of the browser market, that is reducing quite dramatically.
User 147665 Photo

Ambassador
712 posts

IE6 maybe obsolete and Internet Explorer maybe the worst evil browser ever, but IE6 still has 10 percent of the market and if you want to have products available to everyone, IE6 has to be included.. I have 4 computers that have IE6, but I only use FireFox
Personally, I never use IE except to check web pages. All my web sites will display and work in IE6.
Here are two links and as figures, they have different numbers.
http://marketshare.hitslink.com/browser … px?qprid=2
http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_stats.asp

User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

I lot of IE6 users also don't know any better. They need to be forced kicking and screaming to update. ;)
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 629005 Photo

Ambassador
2,174 posts

Scott Swedorski wrote:
I lot of IE6 users also don't know any better. They need to be forced kicking and screaming to update. ;)

AMEN to that Scott!
Living the dream, stocking the cream :D
User 597929 Photo

1,332 posts

As I keep saying, eliminate the terminally clueless (easy to do) and the only people left surfing your pages via IE6 are doing it on company time on a corporate machine. What are they doing goofing off at your site anyway?

Heck with 'em, I say. :cool:
"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." -- Frank Zappa

Visit Spinland Studios: http://www.spinland.biz
User 2641572 Photo

1,245 posts

Dave does actually have some merit in what he says about ten percent of folks still using IE6. Most other cart software hasn't abandonded it just yet, as ten percent of potential customers is a lot to exclude from a trading business.:rolleyes:

Although an avid user of Firefox myself, I wouldn't personally dictate to my own customers what they should and shouldn't be using to view my sites. That goes back to the old days of 'this site is best viewed at xxx resolution'. Good programmers will always find workarounds to problems, the lazy ones will always blame it on everything else on the planet. :cool:
User 147665 Photo

Ambassador
712 posts

lol, well, I agree that people should upgrade. Most of my sites have a get FireFox button.
And I agree that IE6 is about done and wish it was gone altogether(crossing fingers).
The problem partially lies in the olde dial-up connection(yes they STILL exist in a big way) and the huge problems associated with any upgrade from $microsoft.(please get real)
I stopped letting microsoft in my computers as of 2001(blocked at the router).
Part of me doesn't care if IE can access anything on the web, but that is just my bias talking.
The only reason I even use the windows operating system is to run software that is not ported to Linux. My favorite stuff won't run on Ubuntu and I try not to complain about that. I suppose 'wine' is ok for some stuff... Still, I will always have at least one Ubuntu box.

Blame it on $microsoft,, :P

User 2641572 Photo

1,245 posts

IE has always been riddled with security voids, that must have allowed infections of millions of systems over the years. I'd wipe the entire IE family away given the choice, but you know what it is with people using the 'authorised' product that came with Windows and the rhetoric of 'Mister Gates wouldn't knowingly sell us crud'. :)
User 2000538 Photo

1,392 posts

WILL_UK wrote:
Good programmers will always find workarounds to problems, the lazy ones will always blame it on everything else on the planet. :cool:

I don't agree with that :P The reality is that finding workarounds for IE is a huge cost in time and money and the sooner we don't have to worry about it the better for all.

Encouraging people to keep their old browsers by coding for them and not giving them any incentive to upgrade is costing huge amounts of money and holding back what could be achieved in web design.

Technology moves on. TV and mobile phones and even computer operating systems have come along away and the industry only supports older systems for a short time, after which you just have to upgrade or you can't access that service. Browsers should be the same and its time to move onto code compliant browsers. :)

PS...anyone who agrees with me can have a chocolate frog :D
Attachments:
I know you believe you understand what you think I said...but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not exactly what I meant.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.