Styler - Post ID 78750

User 366900 Photo

1 post

When does this come out? I just downloaded the trial of the cart builder, but will definately need an easy way to brand it to the site I do for a non-profit organization.

Thanks for any info.
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

No ETA just yet, but we hope that it will be ready in the next month or so.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 131484 Photo

4 posts

Ho man!, I hope it's soon, I've been selling this cart to allot of customers. I'll hate for them to have to manually change their headers after uploading the cart......... would this styler let you specify like an include for the header/footer, or allow you to skip the header/footer altogether?

I know, I might be jumping the gun here w/these questions, but I really need this styler.................like yesterday.
User 471275 Photo

Ambassador
1,130 posts

I am not sure if you are selling clients websites created with the CC shop software or the software itself.

No matter what .....really...you should have tested the software out to ensure that it fulfills your customers/clients needs.

User 131484 Photo

4 posts

hmmm, let me clarify:
I don't sell the program nor do I sell client websites created w/CC.
But, I do make recommendations to other customers/clients/collegues on software that can improve/help their sites. In the majority of cases, the people to whom I recommend these programs tend to go with what I recommend. In this case CC, which is a great product.........wouldn't you agree?

The problem lies on it's practicality for real world scenarios. I understand that the initial fit for this ware is people that just wants a quick and simple shopping cart, but coming from a design/programming BG, I can see where it'll frustrate many of us by not being able to edit the templates.

I can tell you that, if I was able to edit the header/footer, many more people like me, and the people that consult me would buy it in a hearbeat.

Soooo...........Is this feature in the works? or is CC happy w/just selling templates?
User 471275 Photo

Ambassador
1,130 posts

Hi Alejandro

I can see where you are coming from. I agree with you CC cart is great software for someone who is a novice as well as for those with more experience. I am sure the styler will give you the options to edit a lot of things such as header, banners, etc., however I suspect (but I could be wrong) you will only be able to use it with CC templates.

If your clients are handy with css and know a bit of php they can edit the shop layout to a large degree. I have created two very different shopping carts from the templates provided by CC by editing images and the css.
One is.http://www.hairsandgracesextensions.co.uk/webshop/index.php (has a separate home page/website attached to the shop) and the other one is http://www.spiritualkingdom.co.uk/skshop/index.php at present still under construction (i.e. website not ready yet) that is why the home page has not been uploaded yet. I always create a separte home page or complete website separte from the shopping card as it is easier to optimise the meta tags for search engines outside the shop itself.

It might be useful to know that once you have edited the layout any updates will not undo your layout changes (it never has when I have made changes). In other words when the software uploads changes the software only looks to what has been changed e.g. a new product or price and that is what is replaced or added.

User 125776 Photo

36 posts

I looked at both shopping carts and you have the same frame around the pictures that the default templates have. I have gone crazy trying to find the class called thumbnail so I can modify the border that goes around the thumbnail pictures. Any idea where that CSS class is hidden? It must be embedded on a page but have not found it yet. I just want to change the color of the frame so I can better match my clients site. All the other items I can tweak but have not found that pesky class.

Thanks
Bill Patterson
www.wwmws.com
User 471275 Photo

Ambassador
1,130 posts

Bill

To change the colour of the thumnail frame colours you need to go to your css file, and then open your defaut.css.

Now you can change the colour of the fames in two places.

To change it on the shop home page replace the #c3c3c3 with the colour number of the colour you want.

Layout styles

#item_list .item img {float:left; display:inline; width:77px; height:77px; margin:0 5px 5px 0; border:2px solid #c3c3c3}

To change it for the product details section (where you can have various images etc) replace the #c3c3c3 in the section below in both places were you see the #c3c3c3 with the colour number of the colour you want.

Product detail styles

#product_images {clear:both; float:left; width:220px}
#image_full {padding:4px; border:1px solid #c3c3c3 ; background-color:#efeeee; width:204px}
#product_thumbnails li {float:left; display:inline; padding:3px; width:98px; height:96px; margin:3px 3px 0 0; border:1px solid c3c3c3 ; background-color:#efeeee}
#product_thumbnails img {width:98px}

Dont forget to upload the changed default.css and replace the old one. You only have to do this once.

Hope this helps.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.