Store receipt - Post ID 147709

User 2000293 Photo

3 posts

We are using AuthorizeNet /(Quick Commerce) as our processor.
It appears we have everything set up and our store is live. In test mode all seemed to work fine.

But, I have missed a step and need help to correct.

Customer places order and the order is processed. Customer is sent a copy of what they ordered (details of the order). This appears to be sent from AuthorizeNet. (Quick Commerece)

We ONLY receive a summary of the transaction. It shows ONLY totals and that the purchase was approved. We get nothing that shows what items the customer purchased. How do I correct that? We need to know what he bought so we can ship it to him.

I've contacted AuthorizeNet/QuickCommerece and they tell me there is no setting on their web site that I can check to cause me to get the same receipt that shows the order details. They are telling me, that I must program that in my shopping cart.

WHERE & HOW do I do this? I've read & re-read the instructions and am seeing nothing about this. I've rerun the AuthorizeNet plug-in from CoffeCup and still nothing.

Your help will be most appreciated.

Thanks
Barry
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Authorize.net only allows us to pass so much information back through their API. TO get the full order details, log into Authorizet.net and look at the individual order under unsettled or settled transactions.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 1889462 Photo

37 posts

I have this exact same problem and one other: the timeout issue. Whenever a purchase occurs on my website, the customer gets the following timeout response:

"An error occurred while trying to report this transaction to the merchant. An e-mail has been sent to the merchant informing them of the error. The following is the result of the attempt to charge your credit card.

This transaction has been approved.

It is advisable for you to contact the merchant to verify that you will receive the product or service."

The transaction is successful however however the message is extremely confusing to the customer. Any fix for this?
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

John Robinson wrote:
I have this exact same problem and one other: the timeout issue. Whenever a purchase occurs on my website, the customer gets the following timeout response:

"An error occurred while trying to report this transaction to the merchant. An e-mail has been sent to the merchant informing them of the error. The following is the result of the attempt to charge your credit card.

This transaction has been approved.

It is advisable for you to contact the merchant to verify that you will receive the product or service."

The transaction is successful however however the message is extremely confusing to the customer. Any fix for this?

Does this happen all the time or does it seem random?
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 1889462 Photo

37 posts

Every time unfortunately.
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

John Robinson wrote:
Every time unfortunately.

I would suggest opening a support ticket and give us the url to your shop. When you do, add in a low priced item so we can test the shop out here.
User 1889462 Photo

37 posts

Ok thanks Scott. I will do that now.
User 1957942 Photo

12 posts

We are having a simlar problem that BP has stated here: We ONLY receive a summary of the transaction. It shows ONLY totals and that the purchase was approved. We get nothing that shows what items the customer purchased. How do I correct that? We need to know what he bought so we can ship it to him.

So need to know how to fix this and then along with some other problems with Authorize.net and SCPro and have gone back and forth for a month or longer now Authorize.net says the software has to be edited for it to work properly.

There is a problem with the receipt and it is putting the shipping and handling and taxes statement on the receipt so customers see a total and think shipping is free because no shipping amount in there because shipping is set to manually. Here is the statement in question:

Thank you for ordering from Kingfisher Kookers! Please note customer is
responsible for all FREIGHT CHARGES. Freight will not be determined until
after an order is placed. We will contact you within 2 business days with
the total freight charge.

Thank you for your order!
Order Information Merchant:Kingfisher Kookers Description:The total amount
includes 0.28 for shipping, handling and taxes. You selected shipping
option: "Default Shipping Option". PO Number:VKO4A8PP

The shipping options to choose says KK will contact you after sale is made to give you shipping charges since they can't be entered automatically due to it is large freight and and some of the cookers have to be delivered via ground as they very large and heavy items and are on pallets.

Here is what Authorize.net support says: "I reviewed the attachment and the information passing in the description field is being sent to us in the x_description line of your script. You would need to remove the unwanted information for the script. It is not setup within Authorize.net."

Can somebody help out please how do we fix this? I have all the email conversations and attachhments but way too much post here. This is probably confusing but don't know how else to post it. Thanks.
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

The API Shopping Cart Creator Pro uses with Authorize.Net only allows a small number of characters to be sent over e-mail with the order details. However, this information can be found online in your Authorize.Net Merchant Control Panel

Locate the order number by clicking Unsettled Transactions or Transaction Detail .

Locate the order.

Click the Transaction ID .

Scroll down to the Order Information area and click Show Itemized Order Information .

The full order information will be available in this area.

User 1957942 Photo

12 posts

Thanks Scott, but we keep going round and round with Authorize.net and they send us back to CoffeeCup.

What about the other problem I listed above I think the best way to summarize what I am asking about above is "Where does the field x_description reside and is there any way to update that field?" This is the line Authorize.net says is sending them the info that we are needing removed from the receipt. Even though we have turned it all off on both SCPro and Authorize.net settings here is what Authorize.net support says: "I reviewed the attachment and the information passing in the description field is being sent to us in the x_description line of your script. You would need to remove the unwanted information for the script. It is not setup within Authorize.net." The information coming through in the description field is being sent from your website to us in the script that sends the order to our payment form. But we can't edit the CoffeeCup software.

Please help or help us prove it is on Authroize.net end as we have read lots of posts here that users are so frustrated with Authroize.net and finding out more out htere including out customer. Thanks any help is appreciated.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.