Shopping Cart is not updating...

User 119770 Photo

27 posts

Hello,
Updating the quantity of an item in the shopping cart is not working. The quantity changes back to "1". However, I can delete an item from the cart.
Thanks
User 157034 Photo

Ambassador
208 posts

Duplicated the issue here:
http://www.bostoninternet.co.uk/ccshop/
Update quantity not working

If I go back to the store front and buy the item again, the number bought does increment.
If I purchase 3 items of the same product and change this to 2 in the checkout, it returns 1 item to be bought.
"Second class fairway is better than first class rough!"
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Thank you guys for pointing this out. I have confirmed this issue. This is caused by setting your default quantity to 1. A fix for right now is to change the items property and allow the buyer to choose. I will get this to our programmers to look into a possible fix.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 353334 Photo

15 posts

That change allows one to go back and "add to cart" again to increment the quantity in the cart, but if you type in a quantity and click "Update cart" the quantity gets reset back to 1.
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

This issue has been fixed and we hope to roll out an update tomorrow.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 445611 Photo

2 posts

Has this been fixed? I just reinstalled the newest build 3.1 and users cannot update quantities in shopping cart. You get an error message of:
Quantity can only be: 1.
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

If you have your default quantity set to 1, that is the error you will see in your cart if you try and change it. If you want the user to select a higher quantity, change the option to "let buyer choose".

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.