Shopping Cart Feedback - Post ID 14363

User 29708 Photo

1 post

Hi Scott, this is great!

I'm hoping that some of these are user issues with which you can help me but I have a feeling from reading other posts that I'll also be checking back in a few weeks to see if your updates will do the trick. Right now I can't use this because:

--Sales Tax: I need to be able to put in NY sales tax only for customers based in my home state.

--Payment options: I'm trying PayPal, but users have to sign up for PayPal in order to buy my products. Also, on the PayPal page (not your deal, I know) the login is very prominent and the link that leads them to start an account takes some real looking to find. I think I'd lose customers at this point. Once a way to tie in a merchant account is available, I'd offer both options.

--Shipping: With my default of $4, every item gets a $4 charge. I was hoping to charge $4 for the first item and $1 for each additional item. Is there a way to do this automatically?

Also, I can't seem to upload the site using the Publish feature. It stalls at the "Caluclating Synchronization" point and goes no further. I can publish it by using the export feature and FTP the files using the same settings that I have entered in the server settings.

Thank you for developing this -- I'll probably end up using a more expensive alternative until your next version comes out, so I can't wait!

Best wishes,

Cyn
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Hi Cyn,

1- Sales Tax, there is no way to do that right now but we will have something like that in a future version.

2- You can use a combination of shipping and handling charges to accomplish this, however directly there is no way to charge $X for the first item and $Y for the second.

3- Which version are you using? 3.0.2 is the most current version. If you still have issues after using 3.0.2, fill out a support ticket and we can try and track down the issue.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 514521 Photo

129 posts

Hi Scott,

Thanks for your availability.

I'm not sure how to do this in the Shopping Cart software. I know I can't do what I would like to do; that would be to calculate in the SC the shipping charge for different ship options based on weight and distance. However, I would like to have a different shipping charge for each product and be able to uplift the charge for a faster shipping method. Suggestions?

-Thanks, Steve
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

At this time there is no such feature. However, we are working on an update that will use the API's for UPS, Fedex and USPS.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.