Shopping Cart Creator can't find...

User 2320929 Photo

7 posts

I have the full version of Shopping Cart Creator v3.9, Build 4296. It is installed in the default program location (a physical SSD drive, C:). My purchased theme is located on a different physical drive, but in the default location (F:\Users\Bryan\Documents\CoffeeCup Software\Shopping Cart\Themes). Upon first use, SCC finds the standard and purchased theme no problem. However, after saving the shop and exiting the program it cannot find the themes afterward. I can uninstall and reinstall the SCC and it will again know where to get the themes but any subsequent use and the themes dropdown box is empty. I scanned the registry and all entries for SCC correctly point to the the respective location (the installation path and the themes path). What's going on internally that prevents SCC from finding themes after the initial install?
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Unfortunately Bryan that probably will not work out for you. I have seen similar issues with others who have moved their documents folder from the default C to a removable path and they have the same problems you do.

What you can try is updating your registry and change these 3 keys and point them to the new location of the themes.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CoffeeCup Software, Inc.\CoffeeCup Shopping Cart Creator Pro

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CoffeeCup Software, Inc.\CoffeeCup Shopping Cart Designer Pro

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CoffeeCup Software, Inc.\Shopping Cart Themes
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2320929 Photo

7 posts

Thanks, Scott. The paths are correct in the appropriate registry entries. I'm sure the problem is due to the fact that I migrated a big HDD to a SSD earlier this year. I should have written them down when I did it, but when I installed the SSD I know I created some symbolic links between the C (SSD, the location of application installation files) and F drives (where all data is stored, including everything that would go to the User directory). I assume the problem is with them so I'm currently running a freeware tool to display all symbolic links to continue troubleshooting this.

In the meantime, if someone recognizes a similar issue when they had to split apart their programs from the data and wants to shout out a solution, I'm all ears. :)

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.