Shopping Cart 3.1 - Post ID 74172

User 515922 Photo

57 posts

I downloaded the update, installed it, restarted the computer, started the shopping cart software, loaded up my site, saved it, then uploaded.
That's all I did.
Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Strange. I don't have really any suggestions I can provide, but if it happens again for you or anyone else, please send me all the source files before you save. This way I can examine them to see what the cause may have been.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 515922 Photo

57 posts

I didn't realize any of this until I got home from work. I didn't have time to check it after uploading. Looks like a looong day tomorrow. I hope my boss isn't too upset. Luckily, it looks like all of the long descriptions are untouched. Most of the short descriptions are the first few words of the long description. Copy and paste job... lol
User 515922 Photo

57 posts

It says "Normal Shipping" in red on my shop home page, how do I make it stop saying that? Even when viewing it locally in preview mode, something is wrong...
User 514521 Photo

129 posts

Hi Scott,

I just opened my Shopping Cart and the same thing occurred, i.e., "Normal Shipping" on the SC home page and "Short Description" replacing the items in the first two of my 13 categories. I haven't found anything else yet.

I downloaded the file, executed the update, opened the SC, and closed it (saving it). I didn't notice anything until I came back to this thread and opened it again.

My site is still not up and it's not a huge deal to re-do, but a bit aggravating. You may want to pull it or put a warning to make a .bak.
User 512538 Photo

12 posts

Scott,

Thanks for getting this update up and running. I know we all appreciate you and your teams hard work. My download was seamless.

Sorry to start looking ahead , but are there plans for more inventory control options on the next update. I sell one of a kind items. On the current installation, the consumer can opt to puchase more than one of the same item which puts me in a bind. Also, the items remain up after being purchased. Any help in the mean time would be greatly appreciated. Sorry to hijack the thread. Thanks again.
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

lasercrow wrote:
Hi Scott,

I just opened my Shopping Cart and the same thing occurred, i.e., "Normal Shipping" on the SC home page and "Short Description" replacing the items in the first two of my 13 categories. I haven't found anything else yet.

I downloaded the file, executed the update, opened the SC, and closed it (saving it). I didn't notice anything until I came back to this thread and opened it again.

My site is still not up and it's not a huge deal to re-do, but a bit aggravating. You may want to pull it or put a warning to make a .bak.

I have taken version 3.1 offline just to be safe so that I can take a closer look into this problem. It is already 9:30pm local time so I probably wont have an update until tomorrow morning. As soon as I have more information, I will make a post here.

Sorry for any troubles this may have caused.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

M wrote:
Scott,

Thanks for getting this update up and running. I know we all appreciate you and your teams hard work. My download was seamless.

Sorry to start looking ahead , but are there plans for more inventory control options on the next update. I sell one of a kind items. On the current installation, the consumer can opt to puchase more than one of the same item which puts me in a bind. Also, the items remain up after being purchased. Any help in the mean time would be greatly appreciated. Sorry to hijack the thread. Thanks again.

We do have plans for inventory management, but it is sill quite a few versions away. We are trying to tackle a few more of the large items before we move into this. In the next few weeks we will be launching our Styler application that will let you create your own designs.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.