Selling PDFs - Post ID 150355

User 544680 Photo

171 posts

Thomas Jaeger wrote:
@BookPublisher

I currently use another cart program that is designed specifically for managing downloadable products (although it can manage tangible products, too).

can you please tell me the name of this cart program ?
i want to see the details :)

Sorry for the delay in responding; I don't view the forum all that much anymore. The software is called PHP-eSeller available from WithinWeb.com.
User 509755 Photo

47 posts

I've been looking into interim alternatives for selling downloads and a few places talked about PayPal's poor-man's instant download links that work, but can be easily frauded (is that a word?).

Anyway, in http://www.wilsonweb.com/ecommerce/wilson-paypal1.htm I noticed this paragraph that made me wonder if CC Cart Creator Pro could integrate w/ PayPal and give us a workable solution?

"PayPal does provide a much more sophisticated method. You can set up a feature known as IPN (Instant Payment Notification). IPN works in conjunction with a shopping cart or digital download service you might use, which would e-mail a download code to your customer as soon as the IPN "payment made" signal is received by the shopping cart or service. The e-mail would include a special key or download URL that can be only used a few times or for only a day or two before it is automatically disabled. This protects you from the URL being distributed to non-paying friends. "

Does this sound doable?
Paul MacMartin
www.paulmacmartin.com
User 364143 Photo

5,410 posts

PayPal Buy Now Buttons can use encryption to mask the return URL. You can also use Google Checkout to deliver digital downloads.
CoffeeCup... Yeah, they are the best!
User 544680 Photo

171 posts

Paul MacMartin wrote:
"PayPal does provide a much more sophisticated method. You can set up a feature known as IPN (Instant Payment Notification)...

Does this sound doable?

I would think Coffee Cup would be able to implement IPN into their shopping cart program. The software I'm currently using for virtual products utilizes PayPal's IPN feature. It is database-driven, though, and keeps track of downloaded products, which products were sold, etc.
User 509755 Photo

47 posts

I would think Coffee Cup would be able to implement IPN into their shopping cart program.

Well, let's hope that the next version of CC Cart Pro does include the db functionality to go along with the instant automated unique download link.
Paul MacMartin
www.paulmacmartin.com

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.