Publish (upload) problem on XP but...

User 515027 Photo

11 posts

I'm having a problem uploading the shop on an XP system. I am using the software on two systems (thank you for letting me do that, BTW--I switch off between networked computers).

On Vista, I can upload my shop with no problem (so I know the server settings are correct). On the XP system, it hangs and says it has a "port error". I can upload files through two different FTP programs, however (so I know there's no problem with the system uploading to the server--it's something to do with this software).

I read the PDF manual but I couldn't see anything that might help. Any ideas on how to fix it?

Thank you,

Laura
Visit my online gallery at zenbreeze.com
Zen Breeze Art Gallery...Fine Art to Refresh the Soul
Original paintings and unique jewelry
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Sorry you are having problems like that. What sort of firewalls or anti-virus applications do you have on that XP system? If you want, e-mail me directly at scott@coffeecup.com with your server information and I can try here under XP as well and see if it is system issue or a software issue.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 515027 Photo

11 posts

Thank you :-). I can upload using two different FTP programs on this system so I doubt that it's a firewall or anti-virus situation or it would block those too. I'll email you, though, with more complete information shortly.
Visit my online gallery at zenbreeze.com
Zen Breeze Art Gallery...Fine Art to Refresh the Soul
Original paintings and unique jewelry

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.