Pricing for different sizes - Post ID...

User 176245 Photo

4 posts

I found where I can set a price and a drop down will allow me to increase the price for different sizes. How do I establish a price and then set up a deduct to reduce the price for different sizes. When I put in a negative sign it did not work. I am working on my first site and this is a major issue for me. Thanks in advance for any help.
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Hiya Don,

You cannot set it up so it reduces, only increases, therefore, the way to do this is to make your default product the least expensive option and build your Optional Fields by adding on to prices to the default product. If you need to do it any other way then you'll need to create a separate product for each of your options as there's no way to do a discount setup if that's what you're trying to do. Not sure if that's what you're trying to do, but that's the only thing I can think of at the moment where someone would want to decrease the price in options.
User 176245 Photo

4 posts

Thanks for the answer. I will just stick to one size for now. If I put the cheaper size and than have add, customers may miss the drop down and order wrong. My primary product is the largest one.
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

I understand your concern there, but don't stop at one size just for that, just create a new product for each size and that way all your sizes will be available. It's easy enough to do as you can just copy the first product and paste it into the same category (copy the entire product box inside the category you put it in). Make sure the first product is completely finished with all the text information and anything else. Then when you copy it it will only need adjustments for the sizes so it shows the correct size information and that's it. Easy smeasy :) Good luck!
User 176245 Photo

4 posts

Thanks for the suggestion. I was sizing greeting cards, note cards and post cards. Greeting cards is my primary focus. I want to get as many of them on a page as possible. But I will take your suggestion and set up categories for the others. Those sales have been less than greeting cards but I can showcase the others after the greeting cards.
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Ah ok so yeah now that I see what you're doing then just create a separate category for the different sizes of cards. Most people are smart enough to know that larger costs more so they will know which category they want to look around in. :)

If you have duplicates of a card in a different size just make it a new product in the other size category and that will work great, and it will also track inventory much better for you too as the Optional Fields do not integrate with the Inventory setup at this point yet. :)

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.