Paypal error message - Post ID 139092

User 468240 Photo

7 posts

When trying to make a purchase I get this error message from paypal. Sorry — your last action could not be completed. The transaction will go through with mozilla fire fox but not with IE 8. The url is www.cateyesapparel.com
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

That is caused by running your shop inside of an iframe and that will not work. Please see http://www.coffeecup.com/help/articles/ … an-iframe/ for more information.

Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 468240 Photo

7 posts

How is running in an iframe? This is something that I didn't do on purpose. I created the site and it is a stand alone store. It is not attached within a site.
User 2641572 Photo

1,245 posts

If that simple fix on the link you provide cures the problem with iframes Scott, is there any particular reason why it isn't part of the default code? Or will it crash sites that that don't have iframes?
User 468240 Photo

7 posts

I don't know what I'm doing. I put the code in there and it is still doing the same thing. Maybe I didn't put the code in the exact place. Can you tell exactly where to put the code.
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

It has something to do with the way PayPal posts back data and this problem only happens with IE. All other browsers work fine. If you Google search PayPal and iframe you can find all sorts of discussions on it. You can make it work by modifying the code on that article I posted.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2641572 Photo

1,245 posts

Scott Swedorski wrote:
this problem only happens with IE. All other browsers work fine.

You just have to love that Mister Gates Don't ya..... :P

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.