PayPal Checkout Image and Chrome -...

User 102697 Photo

12 posts

My head's going to 'splode, Scott. :)

I've done many carts for clients, all with PayPal checkout, and have never run into this problem before.

This may be a deal breaker for me, I'm afraid, if I get any more questions from customers about that button. And this is not a choice I *want* to make, seeing as I bought the SCC, SC Designer, and the SC Designer Pro.

Bummed.
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

That's too bad Cia, it's really a great program and works pretty slick. I'm not sure what your testers are thinking about, but Return to Shop to me always means go back to the page you just left. If you're seeing that window asking you if you want to Return to Shop that means you just came from the Cart page, that's the extremely logical place it should take you back to.

I understand you are thinking, yes, we're already in the shop, but truly you are kind of already heading out of the shop when you get that window as it's already in the interface to start into Paypal at that point and is already loading the scripts for that at that point, so in reality you really aren't totally still in the shop, you're in the entrance way to the PayPal site.

If that's a deal breaker well then that's pretty picky and to be totally honest, you're the first person in 3 years to ever even ask about that. No offense, but I think you're over thinking it as Scott said earlier. It's a simple little button. Does exactly what it says, takes you back where you left off. That's what most shops do when you click a button in a window that opens.

I think what you're thinking of is when you see a link on the cart page that says Continue to Shop etc. Then you are on the cart page, and then it wouldn't make sense to go back to the cart page as you're already on it. In this case you're in a popup window, no longer really on the cart page, but in transition out of the shop.

Hopefully that makes more sense to you and if that still is a deal breaker for you then I'm sorry to see you go, but I'm not sorry that button does what it does, it's doing exactly as intended :)
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Cia wrote:
My head's going to 'splode, Scott. :)

I've done many carts for clients, all with PayPal checkout, and have never run into this problem before.

This may be a deal breaker for me, I'm afraid, if I get any more questions from customers about that button. And this is not a choice I *want* to make, seeing as I bought the SCC, SC Designer, and the SC Designer Pro.

Bummed.

Whey do you think so many of your customers click the PayPal button only to abandon the checkout process?
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 102697 Photo

12 posts

No need to gang up on me, folks.

JoAnn, there is no pop-up window involved. At all.

And perhaps it's semantics to you guys, but when a button says "Return to the Shop", it has a very different connotation than "Go back to cart" or "Modify cart." The average user has no idea where they are in the process (i.e. "truly you are kind of already heading out of the shop when you get that window as it's already in the interface to start into Paypal at that point") and couldn't care less.

You think I'm being picky? :)

I have used, and loved, Coffee Cup software for years. I own *many* of the titles. And I have never had as many problems with a package as I have with this one.

No point in dragging this conversation out. Let's just agree to disagree, and move on.

Thanks for your time.
User 187934 Photo

Senior Advisor
20,181 posts
Online Now

Cia wrote:

One last question: in Eric's workaround, item #3, there is no actual viewcart.php (unless I'm just not finding it). Does the script get added to cart.php?

Click on "Pages" at the top of the design screen. This will allow you to insert the needed html into the view cart page.:)
I can't hear what I'm looking at.
It's easy to overlook something you're not looking for.

This is a site I built for my work.(RSD)
http://esmansgreenhouse.com
This is a site I built for use in my job.(HTML Editor)
https://pestlogbook.com
This is my personal site used for testing and as an easy way to share photos.(RLM imported to RSD)
https://ericrohloff.com
User 102697 Photo

12 posts

Eric, thank you. I was looking for a file on the server, not looking in the software.

I appreciate your help.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.