Option to pay on account - Post ID...

User 629005 Photo

Ambassador
2,174 posts

Scott Swedorski wrote:
We actually never give specific release dates so that we do not get harassed if we miss the date. ;)

Yeah, like that stops the harassment ;):D
Living the dream, stocking the cream :D
User 2042035 Photo

1 post

It was promised that the pro version would include an option to email cart contents rather than through a merchant service. I purchased it as soon as it was available but that promise has been unfulfilled up to this point.

https://www.coffeecup.com/help/myroom/279887/?page=1
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Richard Eicher wrote:
It was promised that the pro version would include an option to email cart contents rather than through a merchant service. I purchased it as soon as it was available but that promise has been unfulfilled up to this point.

https://www.coffeecup.com/help/myroom/279887/?page=1

I would not say we "promised". ;)

This feature has officially been moved to the bottom of the todo list and I don't see it becoming part of the software for some time. We are putting more of our energy into other features we feel are more important to the software.

Sorry Richard.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 502389 Photo

10 posts

that's poor - seriously. It's like a 5 minute job. Bummer since it's a request that numerous people have asked for and it's been blatantly ignored for several years.
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

craig potter wrote:
that's poor - seriously. It's like a 5 minute job. Bummer since it's a request that numerous people have asked for and it's been blatantly ignored for several years.

There is absolutely nothing in the programming world that takes "5 minutes". ;)

Please see my post here at http://www.coffeecup.com/forums/shoppin … post160631

Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 502389 Photo

10 posts

of course not, I was speaking figuratively. But in the grand scheme of things, it's hardly worth noting, it just sounds like either stubbornness or just plain apathy to me.
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

craig potter wrote:
of course not, I was speaking figuratively. But in the grand scheme of things, it's hardly worth noting, it just sounds like either stubbornness or just plain apathy to me.

Honestly Craig, it has been a very low requested feature. We just decided to put our efforts into things that make more sense for a shopping cart to have.
User 488111 Photo

2 posts

Scott Swedorski wrote:
That is an option that will be found in Shopping Cart Creator Pro.

I am a fan of CoffeeCup's products, and their ease of use and flexibility so I bought Shopping Cart Creator Pro to create a site for a friend. They want "trade" customers to be able to fill their cart and submit an order without payment - payment and delivery is discussed and agreed offline.

You may say it was naïve of me to assume that the payment processing area would be just another option that could be de-selected, but at present, I do not appear to be able to use SCC to deliver. I'm not a talented coder, so some kind of "off-the-shelf" solution would be useful. Has anyone out there made any progress with acceptable workarounds since the previous posts in May 2011?

Failing that, Scott, whilst I understand that you do not commit to dates, is this option still coming "soon", or has it at least made it off the bottom of the heap?
User 291218 Photo

5 posts

Scott,

I have just purchased Shopping Cart Creator Pro and Shopping Cart Designer Pro. I have a dire need to offer offline payments as well as online PayPal payments as customers come both from online purchasers and customers who order and pick them up at a sales event. I noticed from this series of posts that the last time that offline payments was mentioned, was May, 2011. Has there been any progress on it yet.

I looked at the page source code for cart.php on the server, in particular the routine for printing a copy of the Cart Contents locally by the buyer. It seems to me that the code used to window.print() routine could be changed to mailto:"whoever@somewhere.com" like what is done in a formbuilder submit button but I don't know how to work this into the Shopping Cart. Ideal would be able to add HTML to the View Cart screen to provide a button for Payment on Pickup.

Any ideas on how I might accomplish this?

Thanks in advance for listening.

Mike

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.