Once a shopping cart is created for a...

User 544632 Photo

23 posts

Once a shopping cart is created for a customer, can they add products, chg prices, etc on their own or do they need the software to make the changes? In other words, are they forced to pay me to make changes for them and maintain the cart?
User 423919 Photo

Ambassador
57 posts

Albert,

I would say they have to pay you, which is no bad thing, there is not a CMS system built into the cart software, this helps to keep the app nice and simple.

Cheers

Dan
User 544632 Photo

23 posts

Thanks Dan!
User 119770 Photo

27 posts

Hi Alberto,

The customer must have a copy of the software and upload their changes or go through you if that is your objective. For small shops that rarely require those sort of changes this is a great deal. However, if the customer prefers to make their own changes often without the hassle of uploading every time, a database or CMS type cart system is preferred.

If you are comfortable with a CMS concept and setting up MySQL databases with a PHP server/host, I would recommend Website Baker with the Bakery Shop Module. It's open source (free), and does everything you are requesting and then some. The Bakery module has many features including stock levels, tax rates, etc. Paypal payments do not require that the customer has a Paypal account as does CoffeeCup Shopping Cart. I've built a few shopping sites for customers and it worked out well for them. You can get all you need at www.websitebaker.org

I think the CoffeeCup SHopping cart is great but there are some limitations that prevent me from using it for now for my customers until some features are implemented.

Good Luck!
User 544632 Photo

23 posts

Thanks.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.