More Options | Optional Fields - Post...

User 135226 Photo

Ambassador
34 posts

Is the limit of 5 Optional Fields a hard limit? I looked at Pro Demo and my purchased standard version of SCC and both seem to have this limit. We really need more..

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Steve
Have a Blessed Day!
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Hi Steve

Yes, that is a hard limit. You can however define as many items as you like inside of those 5.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 135226 Photo

Ambassador
34 posts

The problem then becomes subdividing those which cannot be done.

How about a text field. For garments you need more options for custom made items, ie:
Size, Fabric, Trim options, Monogram Initials (3) - first, middle, last, Monogram style, etc. We need 7 and cannot do it with 5 unless there is a way to put in a text field for the 3 initials.

Any ideas? I am open and at a dead end without options..

Thanks,

Steve
Have a Blessed Day!
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Well you can only use five, so you may have to decide to either eliminate an option or get creative and combine them in one list. Maybe something like this:

Fabric /Trim:

Rayon/None
Felt/None
Cloth/None
Rayon/Boxed
Felt/Boxed
Cloth/Boxed
Rayon/Knife
Felt/Knife
Cloth/Knife
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 135226 Photo

Ambassador
34 posts

Thanks Scott,

Is there a programmatic reason for the restriction? 5 is such a NOT computer aligned number.. Doesn't fit with Binary, Octal, Decimal or Hex. :D It does fit all but not evenly..:) Ohhh those octal days with 30 bit Ultra!

Steve
Have a Blessed Day!
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

I believe it has to do with how many variables and combination's that can be passed through the the PayPal API.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.