Is there a way for customers to enter...

User 541382 Photo

2 posts

Hello -

I'm hoping someone can help me - I have both registered versions of the form builder and shopping cart creator. I'm trying to set up a shopping cart for our non-profit sports organization. We have many contests a year - and everything is done with sending checks in. We would like to move to a bit more automated way. We don't need any DB apps - just a process to allow for payment.

I have the shopping cart set up (sort of) at: http://mcvayindustries.com/shop/

However, I need the information from: http://mcvayindustries.com/registration/

Is there a way that I can have the registration form and the shopping cart combined? I need both form data and shopping cart data together.

I hope this makes sense and I hope that someone can help me.

Thanks -
Cindy
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

I am sorry but there is no way to intermingle that information. They are two completely separate programs that cannot talk with one another.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2641572 Photo

1,245 posts

Hi Cindy. Although not fully automated, you could set up your form builder to email you directly with all the data capture, then send a PayPal payment request to their email address. It is possible to fully automate the process using autoresponders, but as you'd need to validate the response for the amount of fee required, that is something you'd need to employ custom programming for. Sadly as Scott has already mentioned, it's not something you could use cart creator for.
User 541382 Photo

2 posts

Thanks for the super fast response - is there any way to get further information (member number, coach info, etc.) (even without the form program) "passed" (?) through to the checkout info?

I'm having a sinking feeling that I'd need a DB or some such setup to allow for this. This isn't a paying gig - so I was hoping for something quick and easy. :)

Thanks again! I liked being able to set this up extremely quickly.

User 629005 Photo

Ambassador
2,174 posts

My opinion, if you want fully automated... you'll NEED a DB. If you want cheap and easy, slick and greasy... Set up a form to collect member info, set up the cart to allow payment. Manually match the form info with the cart info to verify that those who signed up actually paid.
Living the dream, stocking the cream :D
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

This might be a quick and dirty way also, providing this is possible to add to one of the extra pages of the SCC setup.

Create your form on a page, and under that put a paypal button that comes directly from paypal itself instead of the SCC program. Create text on the page to explain that they need to fill out the form (have the form redirect them right straight back to that form page or if possible not redirect at all. And have them then use the paypal button to send their payment.

This would still end up being 2 separate transactions being 1 for the registration form itself, and 1 for the payment, but they would at least both be together and doable without too much outside manual efforts other than collecting the info and seeing that both registration and payments have been done.

You are able to do a paypal button on your site I believe with any merchant type account, not sure if personal accounts have this feature though so you'll have to look into that. Paypal will provide the script for this button for you and you just plug it into the page.

If you check the site in my signature you'll see an example of what that button would be like. (you can choose different button types so the donation just fits this organization is all)
User 177533 Photo

60 posts

I sell a item that requires additional information for engraving. Are you coming out with a version that is able to do this?
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Ricky Smith wrote:
I sell a item that requires additional information for engraving. Are you coming out with a version that is able to do this?

Eventually we will have something in the Pro version for this, but it probably won't be available for the first few versions.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 1970529 Photo

26 posts

Is it possible to have the customer fill out a form with additional information, on the view cart page of SCC without the included paypal button? After the customer submits the form they are directed to another page with a paypal button imported directly from paypal in order to make payment?
User 177533 Photo

60 posts

Scott Swedorski wrote:
Ricky Smith wrote:

Eventually we will have something in the Pro version for this, but it probably won't be available for the first few versions.

Any updates on this feature?
thanks

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.