Integrate Shopping Cart Creator...

User 213641 Photo

5 posts

I'm thinking of purchasing the Shopping Cart Creator to sell tangible goods. Is there a way to integrate the Coffee Cup Shopping Cart within a Wordpress site? If so, how is that done?
User 364143 Photo

5,410 posts

Not really. You create a subdirectory to place the shop and get the theme to look similar.
CoffeeCup... Yeah, they are the best!
User 213641 Photo

5 posts

Thanks... I think that would work fine. I'm good with that... but another question...

Is there a way to differentiate where sales are coming from within a classification?

I am thinking of offering a shopping cart for local charities and schools to purchase goods for a fund raising business where various schools and organizations who purchases merchandise would receive a percentage of the sales toward their cause. Ideally I would like to provide each school or charitable group with a special code to input during the purchase process so that I would know where it came from and be able to credit each account accordingly. I might have 20 sales from school XYZ and 30 sales from school ABC. If each school could enter a special code that I provide them and it would show up on my end after the sale is made, then I would be able to credit each purchase accordingly. How would I be able to see that code after the sale is made?

Thanks!
Jenny
User 364143 Photo

5,410 posts

I haven't used the program for some time but I do know you have the ability to add a dropdown selection for each item. That's not really ideal, I know. I can't remember if the final checkout page has the ability to enter instructions for the seller or not. That would be the ideal place for what you describe. Maybe someone else with more experience can chime in. :)
CoffeeCup... Yeah, they are the best!
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

I would think this would be pretty easy to add if you created Optional Fields for the specific charities. Just create a single Optional Field (or multiple ones if there are lots of charities involved where you can categorize them better). Then add a line for each of the charities and name it for for them so you know which it is.

If you're using Pro version you have the ability to force a choice of the Options so do that so it makes them choose the charity they want to connect the purchase to. When you get the order it will have a field that tells you the charity name then so you know which one to tally it to. Crediting them would have to be a manual thing though, but recognition of who to credit would be easily done with the Optional Fields.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.