Integrate into my Website - Post ID...

User 401308 Photo

Ambassador
86 posts

Scott Swedorski wrote:
At this time, Shopping Cart Creator works with the provided styles. However, if you're familiar with CSS and HTML, you can edit the styles in program like CoffeeCup HTML Editor or directly on your server using the Code Editor in CoffeeCup Direct FTP.

We are also working on a new program, Shopping Cart Styler, an equally intuitive application that will allow you to modify your shop with such options as applying custom color schemes, styling text, and customizing backgrounds. No coding required, of course! Drop us a note if you're interested in joining the beta program.

Note: Any manual changes made to the styles outside of Shopping Cart Creator are not supported at this point.

Scott, I would be interested in the beta of shopping cart creator.
Craig Wood

CoffeeCup Software Ambassador
--------------------

www.cctropicalparadisepets.com
User 401308 Photo

Ambassador
86 posts

Craig Wood wrote:
Scott Swedorski wrote:
At this time, Shopping Cart Creator works with the provided styles. However, if you're familiar with CSS and HTML, you can edit the styles in program like CoffeeCup HTML Editor or directly on your server using the Code Editor in CoffeeCup Direct FTP.

We are also working on a new program, Shopping Cart Styler, an equally intuitive application that will allow you to modify your shop with such options as applying custom color schemes, styling text, and customizing backgrounds. No coding required, of course! Drop us a note if you're interested in joining the beta program.

Note: Any manual changes made to the styles outside of Shopping Cart Creator are not supported at this point.

Scott, I would be interested in the beta of shopping cart creator.

Sorry, I meant to say I would like the beta of shopping cast styler
Craig Wood

--------------------

User 401308 Photo

Ambassador
86 posts

squared monkey wrote:
im currently using dreamweaver. there are no html documents generated whenever i "export". only php and css files. insturctions steps how to integrate this into a html document would not only be helpfull for many people also im sure it would boost sales, since thats a key thing of having a shop, right? judge you success on how well we have supported your clients. It's really what matters the most in business today.

I just want to make a quick note here. I spent a long time looking for a cart creator that was easy cheap and allowed you to integrate the cart into my website, but without destroying all the work I had already put into my website. I didn't want to have the products mixed in with my content at all, so shopping cart creator fit the bill perfectly. That's not to say I don't have links and buttons on all my pages pointing to the cart. I may have a unique situation, but I would bet others have been looking for the same thing. I agree though that I would like to be able to use the same color scheme of the main site.
There are still a lot of little wrinkles to iron out with this software, but I am actually looking forward to new versions as they come out to see what they've done with it. As I've mentioned in other posts shipping and taxes are 2 major areas that need to be addressed quickly in order to be able to adhere to tax laws, and make a lot more options for shipping charges and how they get applied
Craig Wood

--------------------

User 401308 Photo

Ambassador
86 posts

walter shawlee wrote:
I am also a bit frustrated with the sometimes arbitrary limits of the existing cart software, and the need to exit out to do so many simple tasks in an external editor.
clickable images, notes, multiple tax rates, content image changes, inventory levels 9waht possible use is a cart hat doesn't keep track of what's there? zooming off to bill the client with no stock is NOT a way to get repeat business!), etc. etc. etc. it wasn't a lot of money to spend, but frankly, so far, it isn't usable for me at all.

please sign me up for the beta test of the styler program!! I can only hope it will allow me to do what I really need to do email is: walter2@sphere.bc.ca

all the best,
walter

The features you are asking for would raise the price of this software out of reach for most people(especially me) that are using it. There are a lot of carts out there that do what you are asking. Look at the price though. You will pay at least 10 times as much to buy that software, and possibly need tech support(more $) to get it going. This product was exactly what I needed. Yes, I will have to pay close attention to the inventory available, but my brick and mortar store has an advanced POS system that will tell me when I'm out of stock on anything. I can then tell the creator to not publish that item. When it's back in stock I will republish it. If I get this online business moving in the right direction, then I will look at an advanced cart to integrate with my pos system. I've looked into it and I will spend at least $2000-$3000 to get it going. So for $49 software to get my feet wet is scary cheap.
Craig Wood

--------------------

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.