How to edit text in checkoutpps.php -...

User 43654 Photo

15 posts

Jo Ann wrote:
You do realize that you can change that PayPal image right?

You can also change it in a theme file (open the theme files to edit them manually by changing the extension to .zip and extract the files) once you get the theme file(s) changed that you want, reinsert them into the .zip file and then rename the file again

PayPal image: Yes, I mentioned doing that already. I design many templates for other apps so, very familiar. I am not a smart guy, just very mechanically inclined. :P
The second suggestion, is great for me but, not for the typical user which, what I am addressing.
That is great info as I was unaware of the common compression.
I would have just uploaded a new button graphic to the server though.
Far faster and easier to instruct others on how implement graphics changes.
But, changing the graphic to make sense of the function is a band-aid, not a solution and there are other issues:

When at the final checkout page, the generic button that reads "Return to Store" does not return to store. It returns to cart. Why? That makes absolutely no sense. What else might we run across should we begin actually using the software in the real world? There are just too many issues which circumvent any supposed time savings or ease of use towards an acceptable result by my, and everyone's standards / opinions here.. We do already have another solution up and running as none of us see a resolution to CC's offering in our required time period.

I personally, am very disappointed as this would have been a GREAT instant store solution for me and those I would have referred in the future. Just fell short at the end.
I am confident that, in the future that these issues will be resolved unless the company is too financially comfortable to spend time on further improvements which, I have run across before. I seriously doubt that is the case here. Not in reference to the monetary comfort but, the strive towards perfection. I have seen it here.

Relevant to @Prism suggestion: Thank you and yes, I could do that with ease but, why pay for wysiwyg software only to be forced to edit the code to make it function properly? It's the software developers that must roll with the flow not the consumer. Cash flow is what motivates my improving my scripts based on clients suggestions. I don't have the luxury of telling a client "well, just roll with it" (I at times prob need to though ;) ) I just can't. I don't get paid until my client is satisfied. :cool: Receiving no hourly / salary wages here so, there is no buffer and my income is completely performance based, like it should be. Monetary returns hinge on how bad I want them but, that is not what drives me, that's why I do what I do typically, for free to those eager to learn.
That said, I must always roll with (tolerate) if for my own personal use but, why PURCHASE a supposed solution that I have to fix when I can just write my own Perl solution or mod a freebie? Also, why promote or recommend said payware to people who don't code? Makes me look bad and I don't need help there. :D

I must emphasize, these people I teach and the average joe do(es) not want to edit code and make graphics. (That is done my advanced classes) otherwise, it's a plug and play, drag and drop world anymore. (Not required to know bbroygbvgw or even DOS but, it sure helps!)
They (and I) want the software to create a cart that makes sense to them. This software was SO CLOSE.
There are serious oversights in this applications cart function & carts aesthetic control so, we have all moved on.
Everyone loved the program(s), up to the point of THE LAST TWO pages of the process where someone obviously dropped the ball. That said, we have all only tried the PayPal checkout functions and did not explore the others but, moot for us here.

We all really liked the application initially, very much. Too bad it fell short at the end, literally.

I have worked with / advised many software developers over the years, (minding manners here I'll just mention) First Place Software, AtomPark Software and several others. I know how long it takes to initiate change and be heard.
Trying to point out an issue is typically met with Type A posturing and falls on deaf ears.
But, lost sales are lost sales either way. All in all it depends on how much the company wants more sales potential and honestly, advertising major revision announcements generates sales and brings back those who bailed without communicating why. My wife is standing behind me (inside sales rep last 18 years & moves six figures a day) is snickering in agreement to my blatantly obvious statement. :lol:
The CoffeeCup HTML editor here is a great example of that.
Like I said, had it since year one and watched it grow into an indispensable tool in my arsenal. :D:cool:

Free upgrades for life! That's the ticket. That is why I come here first when I am attempting to find a tool.

When the software is fixed, I will absolutely purchase, recommend, refer, train, and place in my classes as it really will be a great tool and will come with free updates!

Apologize for long winded response but, I needed to cover our case as much as possible as I will not be back for a while. My son has actually posted here before so, he may. (Now HE is a smart guy.)

I am subscribed to this thread so, I will monitor and hopefully there will be considerations made in the software within the next year and I will be alerted. I will be waiting with bells on and CoffeeCup in hand!

Much Kudos to everyone here in this thread. You all have been helpful in acknowledging the issues and providing workaround suggestions. :D:D:D:D

Thanks again everyone and please, if developers are listening, consider what this small slice of the market (23) is saying.

Dream in code!

After owning, promoting and the using the Coffee Cup Editor faithfully and daily for well over a decade, and other products here, I am now being charged for an upgrade?
I will never pay for an upgrade when I was told (and the ad copy blasted) that I would never have to pay again for updates.

When there was issues with the software, I hung in there while using another editor until it was fixed.
Why? Because I had hundreds of custom Perl snippets, servers, browsers, the toolbar, layout / highlighting and other time savers already configged in CC for my daily routine.
Now, I am forced to the last free upgraded version which, I am now forced to phase out of my toolbox.
From a standpoint of even basic principles here, major fail.

I was promised free lifetime upgrades from day one, PERIOD. GOODBYE.
--
>Since your last order was in 2005, you got almost a decade of free updates. That is still not a bad deal. We understand change is not always easy but we find this >is a very reasonable request. We could have simply discontinued the Editor and then charged you full price but went with a low upgrade fee. We love our >supporters and there is no better way to support us by continuing to be a customer (and the occasional purchase).
--
I HAVE OWNED AND PROMOTED SINCE IT FIRST CAME OUT.. NOT ANYMORE!
HOW DARE YOU REMOVE MY POST TO COVER UP YOUR LIES!!
GOODBYE to all your software and all links on all my sites which I HAVE NEVER ASKED FOR ANYTHING IN RETURN!

YOU ARE WELCOME FOR ALL THE FREE PROMOTION OVER THE YEARS! Guess I just get it up the ass!

YOU ARE LIARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
FREE LIFETIME UPGRADES WAS THE MAIN SELLING POINT!

GOODBYE! LIKE YOU CARE! NOW PROVEN!

If the shoe fits, find another one.

http://www.awarenessaboard.org
and 300+ more

Ride the Blue Ridge Parkway!

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.